Division: Crop Protection
Function: Supply Chain
City: St. Gabriel
State/Province: Louisiana [LA]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Instrumentation Engineer – NAFTA CPG
Job ID: 2780
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Responsible for Instrument Engineering design on assigned capital projects at St. Gabriel and within North America
- Responsible for providing Instrument Engineering technical support to plant sites
- Ensures Instrument Engineering designs comply with best practices standards, current and future legislative requirements and Syngenta guidelines
- Working out of the Capital Projects Group this individual will ensure continuous improvement of work practices within the instrumentation discipline
- Ensures all work is documented completely and accurate records (specifications and drawings) are archieved properly for easy future access
- Will maintain the St. Gabriel site Instrument Specifications and Standards
- Keeps up with current and changing technologies and products in the instrumentation field
Critical knowledge: - Thorough knowledge of instrument engineering design, practices and procedures. Must have knowledge of engineering codes and standards. Must also have working knowledge of instrument design tools, e.g. INtools and Instrucalc.
- Incumbent must have a technical degree, preferable in mechanical, chemical or electrical engineering, with 10+ years in industry. Must have effective technical communication skills, both written and verbal. Must have strong customer focus and be results oriented.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Strong background in engineering. Must be experienced in working with multi-disciplined teams with minimum direction. Must also be experienced in procurement activities and practices.Travel Requirements – 10 - 20%
Incumbent must work effectively in a matrix organization involving those at various levels of the plant organization. Must also be results oriented.
Essential Syngenta Competencies
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges: Syngenta is going through a period of tremendous change and challenge where the ability to be responsive to a changing market is paramount. A fast, responsive and intelligent approach to delivering flexible production capacity will be an essential component in staying ahead of competitors. Timely delivery of those assets is of paramount importance.
- Makes things happen – delivering quality at speed
- Ability to develop new ideas/business/technology
- Knowledge and insights about customers and needs
- Reputation for consistent customer focus
- Innovative and new solutions to existing problems
- Deals with ambiguity, complexity and uncertainty
- Checks progress, confronts problems directly
- High integrity, openness and transparency
- Good grasp of reality for the front line
- Seeks/shares best practice and develops synergies
- Thinks outside the box – finds novel solutions
- Innovative strategies with high success potential
The availability of internal and external resources available to deliver a successful capital program is very restricted. Accessing, securing and developing those resources will be a significant challenge.
Provide instrumentation support across the region as a member of the CPG
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Relocation is approved
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...