Can you identify trends?
Can you think strategically?
Are you an innovator?
Are you ready to make the world work smarter?
Are you an IBMer?
IBM Brings 800 Tech Jobs to Louisiana
IBM New Orleans Job Fair
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Sheraton Metairie- New Orleans
4 Galleria Blvd.
Metairie, Louisiana 70001
Register to join us: http://ibmlouisiana.com/jobs/
IBM is looking for Application Development Specialists – Smarter Commerce
IBM is hiring top candidates for work onsite in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
The world is getting smarter, triggering unprecedented change. IBM's unparalleled ability to bring together deep business insight, advanced research, analytics, and technology enables IBM Global Business Services to help position its clients for the future. Whether through proven roadmaps and frameworks developed across 17 industries or the unique combination of skills and experiences of our teams in 170 countries, IBM's unmatched capabilities deliver real business value to our clients.
Mission of IBM Services Center: Baton Rouge
The rapid and widespread adoption of mobile and social technologies within the last three years has changed the way customers and companies interact with one another – driving fundamental transformations to business processes and applications. The IBM Services Center: Baton Rouge will provide IBMs clients in the United States with services that address the increasing demand for flexible software services to keep up with Big Data, cloud and mobile requirements that they are facing. As an employee of the IBM Services Center: Baton Rouge, you will deliver technology services including application development, application management and system integration to some of the nation's top organizations.
As an industry leader, our 100 years of experience and know-how has taught us we must continually transform and grow our company and our people. IBM's commitment to the advancement of women and diversity, award-winning leadership and development opportunities and investment in our people are the key to that transformation.
When you join the world's leading and largest consulting organization, you'll experience this commitment first hand through resources that only a global leader like IBM can provide: access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals; enjoy unparalleled career opportunities; be provided with ongoing training and education that you'll need to succeed; and work on some of the most interesting projects on the planet, helping everyone from organizations to local governments, work smarter.
What Will You Do As An IBM Smarter Commerce Application Development Specialist?
As a Smarter Commerce Application Development Specialist, you will be responsible for performing a variety of technical duties including application programming, analysis, testing and product installation to deliver high quality Smarter Commerce (WebSphere and/or Sterling Commerce) application solutions to clients. Tasks performed require integrating hardware, software packages and network solutions, including highly complex application components and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms.
For this challenging role, we are seeking candidates who have the ability to participate in the following:
This position is based in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Requirements gathering workshops with clients
- Activities working directly with clients to develop use case derived from workshops
- Activities working closely with the development team and client subject matter experts to streamline complex business requirements
- Development team efforts to derive detail design documents from solution definition documents
- Technical and business discussions on the integration of smarter commerce applications with web services
- Planning and maintenance of development tracks, and providing input and status updates to project management
Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
To be an official applicant to IBM, you must submit a resume and online application. Resumes submitted remain active for six months.
Learn More and Apply
The IBM Services Center: Baton Rouge has immediate job opportunities for:
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Entry-level Application Development Specialists
- Application Development Specialists
- Advisory Application Development Specialists
- Senior Application Development Specialists
- Application Development Specialist - Smarter Commerce
- Advisory Application Development Specialist - Smarter Commerce
- Application Development Specialist – Java
- Entry Level Application Development Specialist - Java
Join us. Let's build a smarter planet.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 months experience in one or more of the following: Java, J2EE, Oracle, DB2
- At least 6 months experience in the features and functions of IBMs WebSphere Commerce and/or Sterling Order Management products and can relate customer business needs to the product specs
- At least 6 months experience in application of database technologies including SQL skills
- At least 6 months experience in Java development including hands on experience in end-to-end J2EE projects
- At least 6 months experience in problem solving, gap analysis and debugging methods and techniques
- At least 6 months experience in development life cycle of enterprise software solutions
- English: Fluent
- At least 2 years experience in one or more of the following: Java, J2EE, Oracle, DB2
- At least 2 years experience in the features and functions of IBMs WebSphere Commerce and/or Sterling Order Management products and can relate customer business needs to the product specs
- At least 2 years experience in application of database technologies including SQL skills
- At least 2 years experience in Java development including hands on experience in end-to-end J2EE projects
- At least 2 years experience in problem solving, gap analysis and debugging methods and techniques
- At least 2 years experience in development life cycle of enterprise software solutions
- At least 1 year experience in data migration and transformation
- At least 1 year experience in SOA/ESB integration architecture
- At least 1 year experience in Sterling Commerce product knowledge, to include one or more of the following: Order Management System, Configure Price and Quote (CPQ), Field Sales, Warehouse Management System
- At least 1 year experience in WebSphere product knowledge, to include one or more of the following: WebSphere Commerce Suite, WebSphere Commerce Developer Tool Kit
CareerBuilder - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...