Zappos IP, Inc. is looking for a Mobile Web Developer!
Why join us? Our unique culture has made Zappos.com, Inc. and its subsidiaries one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For 5 years straight. Find out why: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/best-companies/
Why else? We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision and 401k!
And . . . we're hiring like crazy right now and looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class and fairly wacky team.
Oh, and one more thing! Cover letters are cool, but do you know what’s even cooler?! Show us who you are with a cover letter VIDEO! You will be able to upload one when applying for this position. (Video cover letters are not required, but if you wanna do one, we wanna see it!)
This is a position for someone that is passionate about modern front-end web development and mobile. While we will consider all qualified candidates, this is not a position for back-end developers that happen to know some front-end coding. (We have plenty of other Development positions for you to apply to.)
You'll be working on mobile web specific projects to help take our mobile web platform to the next level. This will require you to work beyond just the front-end and work with server-side frameworks and web server administration. While you're being hired primarily for your front-end skills, you should be comfortable working on a full tech stack. Ability to work with RESTful API's is a must and some experience with the Zappos API ( http://developer.zappos.com/ ) is a definite plus.
We're a casual dress, fun, thriving dot-com with a great work environment and plenty of growth in our future. If we've sparked your interest, drop us an email with a cover letter, your resume and a nice portfolio of sites developed and we'll talk. : )
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Semantic HTML/CSS coding/updating for assigned projects
- Building out Mobile Web specific features and experiences
- Working with FreeMarker templates and JSON or XML files to expose data to the front-end
- Interaction with UX team and business users
- Daily maintenance/updates to existing sites
- Willing to relocate to Las Vegas area
- Bachelors Degree in Web Development, Computer Science or combined equivalent of education and/or experience is required
- Ability to write standards based, semantic HTML and CSS and create modern layouts using table-less design
- A strong understanding of modern web practices to create an efficient user-experience
- A strong understanding of cross-browser issues and their workarounds
- Strong web portfolio required (showcasing the aforementioned skills)
- Comfortable working in a *nix environment and using GNU tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Consistent with and exemplifies our Core Values
- Must be a team player and open to change
- Fun and friendly attitude
ATTENTION CANDIDATES! Along with your resume, please provide a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the company and this position. In the cover letter, please tell us what your favorite HTML tag or CSS property is and why you find it the most exciting. Also, please include an online portfolio showcasing the projects you’ve developed – this is very important! We get a lot of applications, so without a cover letter and portfolio, your application may not be considered. Please show off those awesome skills you have – we wanna see them!
- Experience building Mobile specific web experiences
- App development experience
- Experience working with Version Control; primarily GitHub
- Experience working with server-side scripting languages like PHP, Python or Ruby
- Experience working with MySQL
- Experience working with the Drupal CMS
- 2+ years eCommerce experience with a larger retailer
Zappos IP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace.
Zappos IP, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Customer Service Isn't Just A Department!
We've been asked by a lot of people how we've grown so quickly, and the answer is actually...