Report Developer - Business Intelligence
Drive better and quicker business decisions through the design and development of strategic, focused, and impactful merchandise standard reports and dashboards using Microstrategy and other report development tools and a wide array of product, customer, sales, and inventory data. Support ad hoc information requests and questions from the Buying Offices, Product Development, and E-Commerce to provide critical information for management when making tactical and strategic decisions. Collaborate with team members, key business contacts, and information technology partners to determine best design approach for presenting information in an actionable way.
- Design reports and dashboards using Microstrategy 9.2, excel, and other tools using a fast prototyping technique. Coordinate with business partners, IT partners, and team members on report requirements. Provide visual mockups and prototypes of reports to be developed. Document requirements according to standards.
- Develop reports and dashboards using primarily Microstrategy 9.2 and occasionally other reporting tools such as Business Objects.
- Work with IT partners, reporting subject matter experts, and report champions to ensure acceptable reporting quality, performance, and availability.
- Lead the process of report implementation and ensure clear communication of report to end user community. Work closely with IT partners throughout the develop and implementation of the reports and dashboards.
Support Existing Standard Reports and Dashboards
- Run adhoc reports using Microstrategy 9 and other reporting tools to provide quick turnaround response to business critical questions and convert common adhoc requests into repeatable processes.
- Assist Data Analyst in presentation of data analytics results to business partners.
- Convert common one-time data analytics created by Data Analyst into repeatable processes leveraging Microstrategy 9.
Explore Data Presentation Opportunities
- Answer business user questions about existing reports as they are conveyed through email, phone, meetings, or other interactions.
- Research and correct reporting issues and discrepancies using the Microstrategy tool.
- Use Microstrategy data visulation tool and other reporting tools to push the envelope on effective ways to present information to drive quicker and better decisions.
- Develop mobile reporting content through Microstrategy and convert existing standard reports into interactive mobile views where appropriate.
- Proficient in Microstrategy 9 Development, including Grid Reports, Documents, Dashboards, Data Visualizations, Data Mining Modules.
- Proficient in SQL, Teradata, Excel, Access, and various data mining tools and relational database systems.
- Experience in Mobile development through Microstrategy.
- Ability to communicate well to a diverse audience, both technical and non-technical. Solid written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business.
- Profiency in Business Objects report development.
- Experience developing reports and dashboard for the retail industry.
- Experience with reporting tools.
Kohl’s Corporation (Kohl’s) operates family-oriented, department stores that sells apparel, footwear and accessories for women,...