2nd Shift Essex 2:30pm-11:00pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Day to day functions):
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine incoming material and code it numerically, alphabetically, or by subject matter.
- Store forms, letters, receipts, or reports in paper form or enter necessary information into other storage devices.
- Operate mechanized shelving units that rotate to bring the needed records to them.
- Film or scan documents for storage and retrieval.
- Ensure that new information is added to the files in a timely manner and may destroy outdated file materials or transfer them to inactive storage.
- Check files at regular intervals to make sure that all items are correctly sequenced and placed.
- Whenever records cannot be located, will search for the missing material.
- Implement changes to the filing system established by supervisory personnel as organizational needs dictate.
- When records are requested, will locate, charge out, and forward them to the requestor.
- Make copies of records and distribute them to appropriate personnel or offices.
- Keep track of materials removed from the files and ensure that those given out are returned
- Use computerized filing and retrieval systems such as CIS and NFTS to retrieve information. Enter the document’s identification code, obtain the location, and then pull the document.
- Request documents from File Control Offices (FCO), the National Records Center (NRC), the National Benefits Center (NBC), the Federal Records Center (FRC), and other file locations as required.
Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- U.S. Citizenship
- At least 1 year previous experience in administrative and/or customer service duties
- Computer skills required: Computer literate and previous data entry experience
- Must qualify for a USCIS security clearance
- Express and exchange ideas clearly in the English language, written and verbal
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
- Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company’s goals
- Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
- Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal
- Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The FC must also be able to conduct repetitive body movements, push, pull, reach, stoop and/or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times.
FCi Federal - 11 months ago