Bachelor's Degree required
Responsible for the day to day operations of the business and administrative sections of the office. Has direct supervisory responsibilities over clinic employees. Serves as a liaison for the office with the billing office and department administration. Is responsible for inventory of supplies, and organization and record keeping on clinical personnel and physician staff. Resolves patient problems or refers patients to appropriate resources. Works with third party payers, managed care organizations and HMO’s for pre authorization purposes. Analyses, prepares, and manages clinic’s fiscal budget and ensures finances are utilized at optimal levels.
1. Responsible for daily management and coordination of all clinic staff and physicians.
2. Coordinates routinely with the CEO on all issues related to quality patient care and efficient utilization of staff and resources.
3. Hires and supervises staff; assigns and schedules work; monitors work performance; and handles personnel operations including recruitment, retention, performance reviews, disciplinary action, dismissals, vacation, and time management. Works in consultation with HR representative on employee relations issues.
4. Responsible for Variance reports on Monthly Financials and management of clinic finances.
5. Oversees clinic operations to ensure that resources are adequately utilized to enhance productivity, quality, and patient satisfaction.
6. Develops and implements policies and procedures in accordance with Cheyenne Physician Group.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of principles and practices of health care planning and management sufficient to manage, direct, and coordinate the operation of a health care organization.
· Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the community's health systems sufficient to interact with other health care providers.
· Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to direct its operations and to provide effective patient care.
· Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
· Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
· Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
· Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
· Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
· Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, business administration, health administration or related field or equivalent education and/or experience
· Five years experience in healthcare
· Prior experience in medical office administration
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
- 2 years ago - save job