Under supervision, perform engineering work and technical research to support the development and design of new data networks in order to enable Video and Data services and operationalization of CPE.
Working knowledge of:
- Work includes end-to-end data network design and testing; and certification of network elements and Customer Premises Equipment; IP Network Design and Security implementation.
- Working knowledge in Video Encoding, Adaptive Streaming and Quality validation; developing and management and changes to embedded scripts.
- Able to use test equipment for conformance testing and validation for encoder, applications and storage.
- Working level understanding of the Video On Demand system for Video service delivery, Content Management and Metadata configuration and profile.
- Validate equipment specifications; benchmark equipment performance under different conditions; equipment troubleshooting and root cause analyses, document test results and findings.
- Support the development of RFx and vendor selection.
- High-level design of end-to-end data networks to support new applications or services to align with Product requirements.
- Perform equipment troubleshooting and root cause analyses.
- Work with vendors to solve problems found in the lab. Issue technical recommendations and support product selection.
- Operationalization of CPE Management; remote management for Video service.
- IP Routing including Network Design and Security.
- Working knowledge and experience in XML.
- Network equipment, Linux and Windows servers.
- Home networking to include WiFi, Ethernet, Coax based technologies.
- Test tools for troubleshooting and traffic generation for load testing.
- Encoding and capturing video clips to develop video S/W encoder.
- Use of video analyzer to provide SSIM, PSNR and ES/TS spefication.
- Streaming servers for adaptive solution for Apple, Adobe, BlackBerry and Microsoft platforms.
- Scripting to include asset management scripts for VOD assets.
- Scripting for E-mail and web reports for monitoring of all aspect of Video Services including Home Install.
- HTML, Shell scripting, Linux/Windows, C/C++/C#, Java and Python coding.
- Any suitable combination of education training, or experience is acceptable.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 9 months ago
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...