The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) is a private-sector, non-profit corporation, created by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, to oversee the auditors of public companies in order to protect the interests of investors and further the public interest in the preparation of informative, fair, and independent audit reports.
The PCAOB has a part-time, temporary position for an Intern in the Office of the Chief Auditor in its Washington, DC headquarters office. The Office of the Chief Auditor advises the Board on the establishment of auditing and related professional practice standards. These standards include auditing standards for performing and reporting on audits of the financial statements and internal control over financial reporting of U.S. public companies, and related standards of independence, ethics, and quality control. This role will provide support to the Office of the Chief Auditor in its various standards-setting activities. You will be supervised by seasoned professionals that have experience in public accounting and other fields.
- Assist professionals with comment letters received on proposed standards;
- Attend meetings with Board Members and PCAOB divisions;
- Assist during public meetings, including meetings of the Board's Standing Advisory Group and Task Forces;
- Conduct research using the internet and subscription database services;
- Create and carefully review reports; and
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed.
Public Company Accounting Oversight Board - 19 months ago