0443-Social/Behavioral Sci Admin
College of Social & Behavioral Sciences
Posted Rate of Pay
Exempt / Non-Exempt
Departmental Contact Phone
Departmental Contact Email
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Review begins on (Continues until position filled)
Full Time/Part Time
Days and Schedule to be Worked
M-F, 8am-5pm with occasional after hours work as required
Number of Hours Worked per Week
Limited to current UA employees only
Documents required to be attached electronically with this application
Documents that may be attached electronically or mailed directly to department per instructions below
Additional application instructions (include instructions for submission)
Note: This is a reposting with new open and review dates. If you previously applied for this position your application is under consideration and it is not necessary to reapply.
The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences in cooperation with the School of Mind, Brain & Behavior is seeking an Information Technology Support Analyst to provide technical assistance to faculty, staff, and researchers. This position will work under the general supervision of the Manager of Desktop Services as part of a integrated workgroup that prides itself on teamwork, collaboration and problem-solving.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties and Responsibilities
components to optimize performance of computer systems.
- Installs, configures, and performs routine maintenance on systems hardware and software.
- Troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software, and network problems.
- Participates in the planning, installation, and implementation of new systems.
- Maintains, enhances, and updates software and hardware
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
- Reviews, tests, and evaluates new versions of operating systems and related software and hardware for suitability with present software and systems.
Three years of information technology experience in area of assignment which may include system administration, network systems administration, applications design/development, database design/development or administration, web site design/development or administration and workstation/end user support; OR, an Associates degree in Information Technology or related area AND two years of information technology experience in area of assignment which may include system administration, network systems administration, applications design/development, database design/development or administration, web site design/development and workstation/end user support; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Additional Minimum Qualifications
- Ability to operate in a collaborative environment and interact with diverse group of people in order to meet project needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative team environment, as well as to be self-motivated and work without close supervision.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to manage a wide variety of systems in a homogenous computing environment.
- Experience with all variants of the Windows operating system.
- Experience with TCP/IP, 802.11x networking.
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Can think "outside the box" to help provide innovative and creative solutions to complex problems.
The University of Arizona conducts pre-employment screening for all positions, which includes a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and work history. In addition, a check of names and identification documents is conducted on all new employees to ensure they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
What kind of criminal background check is required for this position?
This position is non-security sensitive and requires a name-based criminal background check
Supplemental Pre-Employment Screening
Computer, Engineering and Technical
Departmental Home Page
University of Arizona - 11 months ago
We are unique because our teaching efforts are made possible by a cooperative effort between the Federal Government, the University of Arizo...