Responsible for achieving sales budgets and providing an
experience to every customer through established company
guidelines concerning sales,
customer service, and staff training and development.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of
this job. Specific duties or tasks
may vary and be documented separately. The employee
might not be required to
perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be
assigned, and functions may be
modified, according to business necessity.
- Demonstrated ability to increase the company’s overall
philosophy around the
- Demonstrate the ability to drive and teach the company
basic P’s of retail. The basic P’s of retail include but
are not limited to:
and utilize the company
- People • Position
- Product • Presentation
- Price • Promotion
- Demonstrate the ability to merchandise strategically
guidelines outlining merchandising practices.
- Ensure store presentation standards are achieved and
- Conduct weekly competitive shops.
- Communicate pricing and/or inventory issues to the
business reports in order to be in
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and work all
the best merchandising, in-stock and pricing position.
Reports include but are
not limited to the following:
sale systems to maintain
- Profit Los statements (P&L)
- Category Performance Report (CPR)
- Business Analysis Tool Report (BAT)
- Store Purchase Order Analysis Report (STPOA)
- Store Price Change Report (STPRC)
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer and point of
accurate inventory, cycle counts, and profit and loss
shipping and receiving of inventory.
employees by following
- Guarantee safety and security of customers and
established guidelines and procedures regarding loss
prevention and risk
and enhancing seamless
- Assist the General Manager in supporting, modeling,
customer service focus by creating an environment that
is friendly, helpful,
knowledgeable and quick for customers and co-workers.
exceed expectations to
- Ensure brand standards and operating standards meet or
support brand consistency.
peak traffic periods.
- Ensure maximum scheduling coverage especially during
- Review and assess the performance of associates on a
- Train, develop and supervise and define workload
communicate ideas to
- Monitor associate retention and career development;
policy violations of
- Address and document unsatisfactory performance and
associates through administration of disciplinary action
- Ensure compliance to scheduling, hiring, payroll and
- Monitor, maintain and follow company policies; support
human resources or loss
- Assist the General Manager in handling store level
prevention issues as necessary.
- Available to open and/or close the store in an
essential functions of the job.
- Regular attendance and a full-time commitment are
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Perform additional managerial duties as necessary.
- Interface with corporate headquarters employees.
- Ability to perform in a high volume, highly complex
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and be a
- Demonstrated proficiency in recruiting, hiring, and
- Excellent communication, delegation, follow-up, and
judgment in managing a fast-paced
- Ability to exercise independent discretion and
environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency.
- High school graduate or equivalent. College degree
proven ability direct
- Three to five years retail management experience and
general nature and level of
- This position description is intended to describe the
work being performed by people assigned to this job. It
is not intended to be
inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is
subject to change at any time.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the
physical and mental capacity to
perform effectively all essential functions. In addition
to other demands, the demands of
the job include:
customers, vendors, applicants,
- Maintain composure in dealing with executives,
and staff, in group settings and in situations requiring
high performance and
with customers and store
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately
personnel; maneuver around sales floor, warehouse and
store office; lift and carry
up to 50 lbs.
weekends, store openings and
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights,
closings according to the needs of the business.
- Telephone and/or cellular telephone
- Copier, Scanner, Fax
- Fork Lift
Floor and Decor - 18 months ago
Floor & Decor provides more choices than the big-box, retail mega-stores. And we offer it for less than what you would find at a...