Career Opportunity for a Help Desk Analyst
The following opportunity is currently available within Chesapeake Utilities Corporation. It is our policy to recruit from within. Qualified internal applicants are encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Help Desk Analyst Full-time
Location Dover, DE / West Palm Beach, FL / Winter Haven, FL
Looking for a sharp senior level desktop and user support person for a forward looking, well-established, and growing company. Chesapeake Utilities Corporation, is ready to add another talented individual to our well-rounded and extremely competent IT staff. Excellent pay and benefits package for the right person.
Job Responsibilities…must exhibit Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values, regarding external and internal customers, agencies, vendors and co-workers. This career opportunity is based out of one of the following locations: Dover, DE or West Palm Beach, FL or Winter Haven, FL and will require occasional day and/or overnight travel within our service territory. This is not an entry level position. Your valued skills will allow you to hit the ground running. This position reports to the Information Services Helpdesk Manager. Other duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Act as front line for all incoming helpdesk issues, log and prioritize all issues into company helpdesk support software, and resolve most level 1 calls.
• Identify, prioritize, and forward level 2 calls to appropriate personnel.
• Manage and control aging of open ticket log.
• Manage acquisition, setup, distribution, installation, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of PC hardware, printers, software, and related equipment needed for all employees.
• Manage distribution and control of security building access cards.
• Manages users, computers, printers and security groups in active directory.
• Manage IS asset management
• Assist other IS personnel with other projects and issues as assigned
• Participate in after business hours call rotation for 24/7 support.
Requires…a total commitment to Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills required
• Excellent working knowledge of the following:
o Hardware, Software, and Basic Network Troubleshooting
o Desktop & Printer Management, User Account Management
o Desktop Support Experience – Microsoft Office, XP, Windows 7
o Help Desk ticket management systems
o Active Directory
o Malware Removal and Security Best Practices
o TCP IP
• Certifications (preferred)
o A+ Certification
o MCSDT Certification
• 2-5 years Helpdesk experience
• 2-5 years of experience deploying operating systems
• Minimum two years Active Directory experience
• Minimum two years hardware / software installation and troubleshooting
• High Communication skills (verbal and written)
• High self-sufficiency
• Desktop support experience - MS Office 2003-2010, XP / Windows 7
• Minimum 2 years remote desktop support experience
• Basic network troubleshooting experience
• Excellent customer support skills
• Ideally candidates should have an A+ and or MCSDT certification along with Windows 7 experience
• Experience with malware and virus removal and security best practices
• Experience with Citrix
• Occasional day/overnight travel within our service territory
• Familiarity with iOS/Apple technologies a plus
• IBM AS/400 iSeries Experience a plus
• CommVault Backup Software a plus
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation - 17 months ago