Why join us?
We recently launched a brand new web application (www.mastertms.com) that is the highest priority to the company and expected to handle 15 billion transactions daily by the end of 2013. While the platform is new, we’re no rookies to the online advertising space so you’ll be learning from the best minds in the industry who understand that you’re at your best when you have the license to innovate, the work space to focus and the enjoyment of seeing your work directly impact the company’s growth. We practice Agile and are transitioning to a one hundred percent continuous integration and test driven development environment.
You’ll join as a Software Engineer and your first project will be helping build this high-volume TMS that is the highest priority product across the organization. We need you to think at a scale of requests for information in the billions per day and response times in milliseconds. We have a strong appetite for learning and exploring new technologies, so we will also rely on you to bring the same passion to everything you do.
Is this you?
- You’re a software engineer who can confidently contribute on all aspects of our interface, which is used by external clients.
- You have strong communication skills which enables you to work with various teams within and outside your division, including working with remote team members.
- You possess a Computer Science degree, or have the equivalent practical experience of strong CS fundamentals and critical thinking.
- Java development experience, we’re using 1.6, making heavy use of Spring MVC
- Experience with relational databases, Oracle is a major plus
- Solid understanding of revision control
- Linux command line
- Ability to install, configure, and manage your own Linux based development environment for Java
- Most of us use some flavor of Ubuntu
- We use the SpringSource version of Eclipse
- We do not develop in Windows, you need to be at home in a Linux environment
- Experience working with JUnit
Additional Skills (It will certainly help if you have any of these)
- Experience with any of the following frameworks;
- Spring 3.0 or higher
- Hibernate 3.0 or higher
- ExtJs 4.0 or higher with Sencha Architect
- Experience with the JSON format
- Experience with SCRUM and/or Agile
Conversant Media - 20 months ago