As Unix Systems Administrator, the candidate will work as a part of the Systems Administration group in the Irving office and manage a variety of UNIX platforms. These platforms include AIX, Solaris and RedHat Linux. The team works closely with other support groups, client teams, developers, DBAs and project managers to define, design and implement systems, networks, security and client access.
The UNIX System Administrator's role includes installing, securing and maintaining servers, storage and network connectivity for client’s internal and client specific hosted infrastructures. The candidate will also be responsible for coordinating the day to day efforts of the UNIX team in the Irving office.
- Experience with installing and implementing Solaris, AIX, RedHat Linux and third party software products.
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional customer service manner
Have you thought about your career lately? Or are you looking for that next great assignment? Challenging and rewarding work, technologically advanced environments with internationally recognized clients, direct client relationships. If these are a few of the things that have crossed your mind, consider RCG Global Services. As one of the largest global professional services firms in North America, RCG has been recognized by the Global Services 100 for outstanding global delivery maturity. Our services include Business Consulting, Business Intelligence & Data Delivery, Development & Integration, QA & Software Testing, Application Management, and Project Management. Our services encompass the full range of Staffing, as well as Solutions Offerings in Business & Technology Planning, Business Intelligence & Data Delivery, Development & Integration/SOA, Project Management, QA & Software Testing and Application Management.
- Operating System and third party software installation, upgrades and maintenance
- Installation of hardware and software
- Maintenance and setup of file systems
- Resolve software problems with operating systems or third party products
- File System and Database Backups/restores (NetBackup and TSM knowledge)
- Organize and manage hardware repairs
- Performance Monitoring
- Maintain system security
- Configuration management, Storage management, system recovery, network communications, and performance management
- Team leadership experience
- Manage projects and remediation efforts
- Work closely with client teams
- Report on environment metrics
- Work with global organization to create and document standards
- Provide solid technical solutions
Join this elite team and experience delivery excellence the RCG way - great consultants providing exceptional service to top-notch clients! Be it a long term career move, or a contracting assignment, RCG Global Services has a place for you!!
RCG Global Services - 21 months ago