Make San Jose State University Your University of Choice
Job Title: Assistant for College Administration
Job ID: 13979
Full/Part time: Full-time
Department: College of Business
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist
Anticipated Hiring Salary: $3,245/month - $3,974/month
Salary Range: $3,245/month - $5,193/month
FLSA status: Non-exempt
About the Position
Reporting to the Associate Dean for the Undergraduate Programs, the Assistant for College Administration works independently under general supervision to provide a broad range of administrative and analytical duties of limited to moderate complexity for the College administration, from assistance with preparing meetings, to completing projects that lead to student and faculty success and college goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Education and Experience
- Generates and analyzes data for decision making about teaching/curriculum; impaction/enrollment management; college operations; and management of relations with students and faculty.
- Assists in administrative problem solving and planning in office space allocation and in classroom scheduling, and completion of the annual campus Space & Facilities Database survey.
- Provides a broad range of administrative support to the Associate Dean, Undergraduate Programs, including preparing for meetings, composing and preparing written documentation and correspondences, scheduling and coordinating appointments and travel arrangements, taking minutes, and providing general support of academic operations and required.
- Provides administrative and analytic support to the College councils and committees as required, including data collection and analysis, report preparation, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and assisting in research or other duties as directed.
- Provides a diverse range of support to the college administration as directed, including the Executives-in-Residence, Director of Accreditation, Director of Assessment, Associate Dean for the Undergraduate Curriculum, Center Directors, and other constituents of the Dean's Office.
- Assists in managing the scholarship selection and awarding process.
- Oversees building renovation and maintenance for the Business Tower and Boccardo Business Complex. Serves as the liaison to on-campus service groups.
- Partners with the Executive Assistant to the Dean to ensure the college administration and constituencies are continuously supported.
- Assists in the Retention, Tenure and Promotion process.
- Serves on University committees related to job.
- Handles front-line reception, including answering and facilitating phone calls, and greets visitors to the Dean's Office.
A Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative analytical work experience which includes managing/coordinating projects under general supervision.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer applications MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Internet tools.
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex software systems such as PeopleSoft.
- Experience to be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of RTP and Academic Scheduling procedures.
- General knowledge of San Jose State University methods, procedures and practices, English grammar, business writing, punctuation and spelling.
- Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
- Ability to interpret and apply University policies and procedures, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist.
- Ability to perform business math, perform financial calculations, and make accurate projections requiring some inference.
- Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects.
- Demonstrated competence in effectively presenting standard information in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple administrative and clerical tasks for a variety of users, set schedules and complete projects accordingly.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions and to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and work independently.
- Strong oral communication skills. Must possess excellent customer service and public relations skills.
Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor's degree; at least two years demonstrated experience handling multiple work unit priorities and projects; experience dealing with various high level constituencies within academic and/or corporate environment, and experience working in a higher education environment.
January 19, 2011
First Screening Date
February 2, 2011
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after the first screening date will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Materials
Letter of Interest
SJSU Online Employment Application: To apply, please visit our website at: http://my.sjsu.edu/jobs/
The Work Experience section is required for an application to be complete.
Note to the Applicant
Evidence of degree(s) or certification(s) may be required at time of hire. Every applicant who reaches the final level of interviews will be required to submit their fingerprints to the Livescan Prints Service through the University's Police Department. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender status, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, or covered veteran's status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
University Shared Values
Learning: Valuing education and promoting life-long learning.
Student and Employee Success: Placing our highest priority on academic success and personal growth.
Excellence: Setting the highest standards in all we do.
Integrity: Being honest, fair and accountable for our actions.
Diversity: Respecting diversity and recognizing the strength this factor brings to our community.
Community: Valuing collaborative relationships.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046
Phone: 408-924-2250 Fax: 408-924-1784 Email: email@example.com
HigherEdJobs - 3 years ago