Bentley Systems is seeking a talented individual to become a valued member of our successful team as a Senior Technical Writer for our Piping, Vessel, Offshore Structural Analysis and Design products located in our New Orleans or Covington, LA office. The Technical Writer will work in the Plant Group dedicated to engineering design and analysis applications and will address the documentation needs of users in the Power, Oil & Gas, offshore and process plants worldwide.
Founded in 1984, Bentley has nearly 3,000 colleagues in more than 45 countries, $500 million in annual revenues, and has invested more than $1billion in research, development and acquisitions.
EOE Employer M/F/V/D
Bentley participates in e-Verify / Bentley participa en e-Verify . Right to Work / Derecho a Trabajar
• Conduct research through interviewing subject matter experts and experimenting with software functionality in varying stages of development.
• Author all types of content — conceptual, procedural, reference and training.
• Create illustrations of product components and their operation.
• Build cross-references, appendices, glossaries, indexes, table of contents, and context sensitivity.
• Deliver documentation in a range of formats including HTML, CHM, and PDF.
• Build short instructional product video tutorials
• Liaise with different departments, including engineering, product
management and clients to ensure the technical writing role and purpose is
understood and appreciated.
• Implement key metrics to measure the success of documentation projects.
• Collaborates with team members to adhere to processes for the tracking and certification of documentation.
• Assist other team members as well as external training material contributors with writing approach and technical issues related to training material production.
• Maintain and organize the structure of training material archives, ensuring that material is properly archived and indexed for future retrieval and reuse.
• Complete Documentation Localization Reports to support multiple language translation efforts.
• Requires a minimum Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
• Requires a minimum of 5 years experience in technical writing, technical editing, or instructional design.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Adobe Frame Maker, Robohelp (or similar on-line help applications), Paint Shop Pro (or similar graphics applications), and Adobe Acrobat.
• Proficiency in Macromedia Captivate or equivalent to create video
• Experience in structured authoring environment (DITA, XML, Frame Maker) is preferred.
• Experience with Content Management Systems is preferred.
• Experience working on engineering projects or studying engineering is preferred.
• Experience with Structural or Mechanical engineering design software such as STAAD.Pro, RISA, SAP 2000, SACS, ANSYS, PVElite, Compress, Caesar II, AutoPIPE is a preferred.
Please be aware Bentley is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. This includes any phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Bentley via-email, the Internet (including social media) or in any form and/or methodfor this specific position in the absence of a written recruiting agreement
executed by both you and/or your firm and Bentley will be deemed the sole property of Bentley and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hiredby Bentley.