Responsible for sourcing and originating first mortgage loans through traveling to, and building relationships with, Wealth Management lines of business, high net worth borrowers, realtors, builders, financial professionals, bank branches, past customers, and other non traditional sources. Stong ability to look at overall client(s) portfolio and partner with Private Client Advisor to make recommedations. Also responsible for cross-selling bank products and works to build the Bank’s image and multiple customer relationships. The regulations implementing the S.A.F.E. Act statute require that individual mortgage loan originators be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
Essential Job Functions
1. Sources and obtains first mortgage inquiries from Wealth Management and high net worth clients using targeted marketing and/or advertising efforts. Serves as "product champion" for Wealth Management and as the primary resource to accrue and communicate product information.
2. Identifies all cross-sell opportunities to Private Client Advisors as part of client contact. Conducts presentations at branches, real estate office sales meetings, homebuyer's seminary or any other venue to solicit first mortgage business. Advises new and existing customers on various loan programs based on the customer's financial needs.
3. Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their needs, desires, and earnings to assist in determining whether the loan will be an acceptable risk to the Bank. Analyzes detailed financial and credit data, matching client needs with an appropriate loan program. Negotiates terms and conditions of loans with applicants.
4. Obtains and analyzes pertinent financial and credit data. Analyzes current rates and loan programs and provides accurate and timely information to customers.
5. Manages pipeline to ensure service standards and financial goals are met.
6. Develops knowledge of company products, policies and procedures, and underwriting requirements. Transact business in conformance with state and federal regulations such as, but not limited to RESPA, HMDA, and Fair Lending Practices.
7. Acts as liaison with borrowers/customers, other bank employees, outside entities (realtors, title and escrow officers, etc.) as well as other division staff, to facilitate a prompt, efficient closing of each loan.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• NMLS certification is required
• 5 or more years mortgage sales experience
• 3 or more years of sales experience
• 2 or more years retail mortgage origination experience
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
• Prior experience, with proven results, in first mortgage sales and customer service preferred
• Financial products or services experience is highly desirable
• Strong consultative and interpersonal skills; and a high level of written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to service affluent customers lending needs, and goal orientated
• Strong team, client and service orientation as well as problem solving ability and understanding of basic credit and tax analysis skills
• Preferred documented retail residential mortgage funding of 60 units and $40 million in originations per year.
Bank of the West - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...