The Building Engineer reports to the Chief Engineer and the Senior Property Manager and maintains a working relationship with all Property Managers in his/her area for issues affecting their properties. Issues may range from tenant improvement work to preventive maintenance and repair of all building systems. The Building Engineer must exhibit outstanding client service and professionalism in all interactions with tenants and RMR staff. Teamwork and collaboration are critical to this position’s success.
· Operates, maintains and logs all HVAC and MEP equipment under the direction of their supervisor.
· Complete tenant service requests and develops and maintains positive tenant relations through prompt, courteous response to tenant requests.
· Perform preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment, plumbing and electrical systems, as directed by the supervisors.
Maintain computerized or manual equipment logs that detail preventive work performed.
· Cleans and paints all equipment and surrounding areas relating to equipment
· and equipment rooms.
· Assists in the ordering of stock and inventory of parts and supplies as needed.
· Maintains professional appearance and manner at all times while in the complex.
· Perform snow removal as needed in support of the contracted service.
· Take meter readings on all meters and equipment as directed by their supervisors.
· Make required repairs to all building systems.
· Make recommendations and implement cost saving initiatives
· Successful HVAC Technical Training
· Experience with computerized building management systems.
· Refrigeration or Electrical License or agree to obtain within 1 year while in training.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Must be team oriented and a problem solver.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
CommonWealth REIT - 2 years ago
CommonWealth REIT (NYSE: CWH) is a real estate investment trust, or REIT, which primarily owns office buildings located throughout the...