Chief Nursing Officer
We are currently looking for experienced, qualified and energetic candidates for multiple CNO positions throughout the country.
This executive level position plans, coordinates and directs clinical and nursing patient care activities within the facility towards the organizations strategic plans, goals, mission, vision, and values of Integrity, Teamwork, Service Excellence, Accountability, Continuous Improvement and Clinical Quality.
The CNO position provides leadership support in the clinical services areas of the hospital and surgery centers and ancillaries including acute care nursing (ICU, ED, Telemetry, Med/Surg, Rehab, Pediatrics, LDRP, Perioperative Services, Endoscopy, Clinic and Home Health). The CNO ensures standards of patient care are met and advises medical staff, department managers, administration, and the Governing Board in matters related to clinical services.
Key Skills and Abilities
Good written and verbal communication skills; Ability to relate to people, patients, hospital employees and assist in their professional and personal development. Motivate towards professional excellence, organizational skills to establish support for nursing, ability to evaluate reports and other data.
Tolerates stress; computational abilities with basic statistical analysis; excellent human relations skills; objective problem analysis and reporting; decisiveness with good judgment; remains flexible with frequent reprioritization of agenda; independent but cooperative team player; organized and meets multiple deadlines; ability to work on multiple projects; self-motivated; ability to organize and handle details with ease; firmness with flexibility; interviews and assesses personnel/applicants; ability to teach adult learner; good negotiation skills; must have thorough knowledge of fundamentals of hospital organization and administration, standards and regulations and bylaws of hospital, applicable to hospital operations.
You must have at least 3-5 years of current CNO experience in an acute care setting. Further, you must meet or exceed the following qualifications:
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in learning more, we'd love to hear from you.
- Current license or permit to practice professional nursing in the state of employment.
- Bachelors in Nursing required. Master's Degree Preferred (MSN or MHA).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of nursing clinical practices and management.
- Experience with up to 10 direct reports, required.
- Five or more years of nursing management or supervisor experience in a clinical acute care setting.
- Knowledgeable of Economic, Legal and Social issues impacting the health care industry, both on a local and national level.
- Experience to include fiscal/ multimillion budget management responsibilities
- Extensive knowledge of principles and practices relevant to nursing and patient care activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective management and supervisory practices.
- Extensive knowledge of Infection Control and Quality.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills for working closely with others on a team. Ability to plan, direct, control and monitor others' activities.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities that contribute to a positive work environment.
- Previous success with rapid growth and documented success in an Acute Care organization.
- Networked with key individuals in the respective geographic area.
- Ability to maintain the standards set forth by TJC with previous experience in survey preparation and process.
About San Francisco
Map: Click here . Weather: Click here .
Home of the Golden Gate Bridge
and located in northern California, San Francisco is listed as one of
the top ten cities in America for people to visit. With no shortage of
Sunshine (top ten nationally) and numerous day attractions, this is
place will keep you as busy as you want to be. Explore Fishermans Warf or historic Alcatraz and then take a cable car to China Town. Spend a day at one of their famous art museums and later enjoy one of their fine dining establishments. There are many places to see in this fabulous city.
Reference Code: AW5091
Axis Medical Staffing is a leading workforce management partner for some of the nation's most respected healthcare organizations. A Joint...