Veterinary and Pest Control Services protects the public from animal/vector borne diseases, animal hazards, animal nuisances from uncontrolled or unregulated animals, uncontrolled rodent populations, and pathogens from vector-borne disease carrying mosquitoes. These goals are achieved, by conducting inspections, exterminations and cleanup of properties that have failed compliance inspections.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Assigning work and training Public Health Sanitarians in new procedures and job skills.
• Reviewing inspection reports.
• Conducting quality assurance field checks to evaluate work performance of Sanitarians. Perform special inspections, and investigate difficult or unusual situations.
• Responding to complaints from Community Boards, Legislators, City Council Officials and meeting with Community Boards.
• Assisting the Regional Director to ensure proper office administration which involves reviewing complaints received and deploying inspectional and extermination staff.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university , including or supplemented by 30 semester credits in the biological and/or physical sciences, and at least two years of satisfactory full-time experience performing inspections to assure compliance with pertinent laws, rules and regulations governing the areas of food, drugs and general environmental conditions; or
2. An associate degree from an accredited college or university , including or supplemented by 12 semester credits in the biological and/or physical sciences, and four years of satisfactory full-time experience as described in "1" above; or
3. Education and/or experience equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least 60 semester credits from an accredited college or university , including at least 12 semester credits in the biological and/or physical sciences. Furthermore, to assure compliance with Section 11.112 of the New York State Sanitary Code, all candidates must have at least two years of experience as a public health sanitarian as described in "1" above.
Candidate should possess excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and organization skills. Knowledge of Integrated Pest Management and prior supervisory skills is a plus.
Apply online with a cover letter to https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/. In the Job ID search bar, enter: job ID number #117454.
We appreciate the interest and thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
1075 Ralph Avenue Bklyn, N.Y.
New York City residency is required within 90 days of appointment. However, city employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.