State/Province: Washington [WA]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Post Harvest Specialist
Job ID: 3816
- Maximize Syngenta Postharvest sales, in the assigned territory/district, including resource management and product stewardship.
- Financial: Revenue $, Budget $
- People: No of direct reports, No of indirect reports
- Geographic Scope: No of countries
- Design & implement Postharvest account plans and sales support activities with channel partners, service providers, fruit packers and key influencers to maximize the development of the overall postharvest market
- Directly influence packers (corporate owners of large farming/packing operations)
- Directly influence postharvest COIs
- Communicate and coordinate sales activities with the Syngenta integrated sales team when appropriate
- Accurately forecast product demand to ensure product ability.
- Act as a steward for Syngenta postharvest products
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- Minimum of a BS degree Horticulture/Agriculture or Science, preferably with technical and sales experience in postharvest. Broad technical knowledge base of postharvest handling and products is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in sales or a technical sales role, preferable in postharvest and prefer experience selling to large key accounts.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Customer Focus – candidate must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of external customers and clients; obtains first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customer in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Business Acumen – candidate must know how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Resilience – candidate must be able to recover rapidly from adversity, change or misfortunate; must have the ability to bounce back from difficult situations; have the capacity to make realistic plans and take steps to carry them out; candidate must have a positive view of self and confidence in his/her strengths and abilities.
- Integrity and Trusted – candidate must be widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- The candidate must be team focused and exhibit a passion for continued success.
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills, which are required for this role.
- The candidate must demonstrate he/she possesses excellent sales and negotiations skills.
- Candidate must have, as a minimum, basic personal computing skills.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Become the expert in fruit/veg postharvest handling techniques and fruit/veg quality management, including technical knowledge of farm production practices.
- Know and understand the factors influencing decay prevention in fruit/veg and the best use guidelines for Syngenta postharvest products.
- Knowledgeable and capable of improving postharvest application systems.
- Communicate the benefits of Syngenta postharvest decay prevention products and the value of these products to fruit/veg packers and growers.
- Coordinate the introduction and launch of new Syngenta postharvest products with fruit/veg packers, channel partners and key influencers.
- Implement demonstration trials, follow results through food chain, translate results to product positioning and packer benefits.
- Understand the business needs driving fruit/veg packers and the impact of decay prevention on their business.
- High initiative
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Travel requirements 30-50%
Employee may, as part of his/her role and maybe through multifunctional teams, participates in the creation and design of innovative solutions. In this context, Employee may contribute to inventions, designs, other work product, including know-how, copyrights, software, innovations, solutions, and other intellectual assets.
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...