Job Category: Hardware Engineering
Location: Mountain View, CA, US
Job ID: 826199-103882
Division: Interactive Entertainment Business
Microsoft Consumer Hardware group is looking for a strong Software Design Engineers that want to interact closely with hardware. The engineers in this group create software to bringup, test and qualify custom hardware and take the product through manufacturing. They are also involved in hardware architecture, simulation and emulation of future products.
In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for design and development of verification tools that validate various hardware components. The candidate must be excellent with C & C++ programming languages. Having experience in low level system programming in Windows (i.e. device driver programming) and excellent knowledge in PC hardware components (i.e. CPU, GPU, Storage Device Interfaces, etc…) are plus. The successful candidate will work with hardware and software developers to troubleshoot, debug, and resolve all hardware and software related issues to ensure that bugs are root-caused and tracked.
- MS/BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- 4+ years of industry experience with preferably low level system programming on Windows
- Must be excellent with C & C++ programming languages
- Experience in kernel level debugging
- Self-motivated to work
- Documentation and organizational skills
- Great team work and communication skills
- Ability to analyze, debug, and prototype solutions
- Good understanding of Windows internals is a plus
- Experience in developing Windows device driver is a plus
- Excellent knowledge in PC hardware components (i.e. CPU, GPU, Storage Device Interfaces, etc…) is a plus.
- Scripting & automation experience is a plus
- Computer architecture and hardware design/ bringup is a plus
Microsoft - 10 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...