TASC is searching for a Senior Software Engineer (Linux Systems Administrator) for work on an exciting and growing program with our customer in the intel community.
Analyzes and develops computer systems possessing a wide range of capabilities, including numerous engineering, business and records management functions.
Develops plans for automated information systems from project inception to conclusion including systems requirements determination.
Designs software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation.
Manages software development, and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques, and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools.
Analyzes user interfaces, maintain hardware and software performance tuning, analyze workload and computer usage, maintain interfaces with outside systems, analyze downtimes, analyze proposed system modifications, upgrades and new COTS.
Defines the problem, and develops system requirements and program specifications, from which programmers prepare detailed flow charts, programs, and tests.
Coordinates closely with programmers to ensure proper implementation of program and system specifications.
Develops, in conjunction with functional users, system alternative solutions.
- Experience with Redhat Enterprise Linux 5&6 Administration
- Experience with VMWare 5.1 Administration
- Shell Scripting Expertise
- Hardware Administration- Servers in Rack, Attached Storage
- Hadoop Configuration Experience
- Elastic Search Configuration Experience
- Graph Database Configuration Experience
- Experience with “Big Data”
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and experience commensurate with the requested Level in software development; or if no degree equivalent experience in software development within the requested Level.
- TS/SCI & Poly desired
TASC - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1966, TASC, Inc., helps solve complex national security and public safety challenges by providing advanced systems engineering,...