Systems Administrator (Night Shift) (Job Number:309919)
SAIC has an opportunity for a Systems Administrator in the Chantilly, VA area. This is a night shift position (6pm-6am) with a “long” week of four days and then a “short” week of three days. A pay differential applies for all shifts worked. An active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required- No exceptions, please.
The Systems Administrator will be part of a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and will be responsible for all aspects of administration and support for several mission-critical systems and networks. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Managing the functionality and efficiency of one or more operating systems.
- Setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
- Interacts with users (both locally and remotely) to solve complex problems with system functionality and performance
- Develops policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software
- Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development/deployment team on systematic enhancements or changes
BS Degree in an IT, Engineering, or other technical discipline and 5+ years experience
Strong hands-on experience with Windows (XP/7/2003/2008) and Linux (RedHat, etc.) environments
Experience with VMware products (vSphere, VMware View, etc) or other virtualization technologies
Familiarity with LAN and WAN technologies and network devices such as switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
Strong interpersonal skills as well as verbal/written communications
Ability to prioritize tasks and work both independently or as part of a team
- Ability to handle complex system administrator issues, with planning at the project/product level
- May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to nonexempt personnel
Certifications from vendors such as Microsoft or RedHat
CompTIA Security + certification
Experience using scripting for task automation and performance tuning
Familiarity with Cisco or Juniper networking hardware
Experience with network monitoring tools such as Tivoli, SCOM, etc.
Experience with Remedy ticketing system
Experience using Sharepoint or other collaboration tools for creating and maintaining system documentation
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jun 25, 2012, 3:02:34 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 10 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...