Facilities Maintenance Helper- Barceloneta - 092542
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
Assists building maintenance and repairs, including grounds and facility structures. Performs interior and exterior painting and mastic of general offices and regulated spaces.
1. Performs routine repair of structures, which may include all kind of wall repairs, carpet installation, painting, sanding walls in preparation for painting and mechanical equipments such as gates, windows and restrooms fixtures.
2. Performs interior and exterior painting and mastic of general offices and regulated spaces.
3. Supports routine repairs and adjustments to main entrance doors (manual and automatic), building windows, roof insulation, and pipping (PVC) among others.
4. Must comply with work order system to include interpreting work orders, performing work requested and completing work orders with general direction.
5. May assist in installing epoxy and concrete flooring maintenance and repairs. Experience on tiles installation.
6. Maintenance and repair of a variety of plant or office structures such as walls, partitions, doors, concrete forms, raised floors, ceiling tiles or roofs. Assists in layout for equipment installation.
7. Supports in maintenance and repairs work such as laying brick, block, ceramic tile, concrete walkways or asphalt and restroom equipment.
8. Perform inspections of light fixtures to ensure are operational, change light bulbs as necessary.
9. Moves furniture and equipment as assigned.Install new offices layouts as directed by drawings or customer direction.
10. Under minimum supervision perform routine routes for buildings and grounds maintenance. Perform corrective WO to inform and correct exceptions.
11. May operate heavy equipment such as sweeper machines.
12. Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards.
13. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
14. Performs any other miscellaneous duties as requested.
1. High School or equivalent.
2. Ability to read labels, directions, work orders, etc.
3. Requires one (1) or more years of facilities maintenance and repairs experience.
4. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
5. Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
6. Ability to work second or third shift, holidays, and weekends as required.
7. Must be physically able to perform maintenance tasks to the highest caliber, which
includes ability to: climb ladders, work in confined spaces, lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs., etc.
Johnson Controls - 18 months ago
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...