This position affords a unique opportunity to help lead the major expansion of Honeywell’s manufacturing capability.
Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies is a $5 billion global leader in providing customers with technologies and materials for petroleum refining and petrochemical processes and high-performance specialty materials, including fluorine products, specialty films and additives, advanced fibers and composites, intermediates, specialty chemicals, and electronic materials and chemicals.
Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies has an opening for an experienced Lead Chemical Process Engineer in our Morristown , NJ Facility.
The Lead Chemical Process Engineer will work interactively with the Business, R&D, and Plant Groups to identify improvements and expansions to our existing product line as well as developing new product processes that will sustain and grow our business. The lead process engineer will ensure that Honeywell’s Process Standards and Procedures are met during the development, design, and construction phases. The lead process engineer will also provide process technology support to operating plants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading the development of Front End and Process Design Packages consisting of:
- Process Description and key technology and risk summary
- Proper scaling up of laboratory data to commercial design
- Process Simulations
- Heat and Material Balance and Process Flow Diagrams
- Piping & Instrument Diagrams
- Process Equipment Specifications
- Leading Process Hazard Analysis/HAZOP activities.
- Supporting capital project engineers during the detailed design phase, equipment purchase, construction and start up.
- Becoming an expert on the process chemistry, the operating philosophy and the process design basis for the equipment.
- Insuring that the PFD’s and P&ID’s are accurate and kept up to date.
- Working within teams to identify and implement longer term process improvement efforts, with the overall goal being to achieve improved safety, higher yields, better production rates, and higher attainment.
- Understanding and leveraging the plant control and information systems to make improvements.
- Identifying and implementing improvements on basic control schemes and advanced process control strategies.
- Developing process economic studies, Quality assurance of engineering calculations, including process simulation input and output data.
- Assisting in Intellectual Property (IP) activities including freedom-to-practice and IP protection.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
· 8 years of chemical engineering experience
· 5 years proven process design experience(Define/Scope/Execute)
· 2 years experience with each of the following: leading projects, utilization of process simulation tools such as Aspen or Unisim, process safety, and performing economic analysis
· 1 year of equipment sizing experience
· Experience in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Ag Chemical, or Pulp and Paper industries
· Leading the development of Front End and Process Design Packages
· Demonstrated experience leading projects with a minimum scope of $20mm
· Familiarity with chemical plant control system (DCS) and advanced process control
· Ability to define strategy and develop creative solutions
· Demonstrated modeling and simulation experience
· Basic understanding of Intellectual Property (IP)
· Basic understanding of control schemes and advanced process control strategies
· Master’s Degree
· Six Sigma certification
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Honeywell - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...