CNA Insurance has an immediate opening in our Washington, DC office for an experienced Administrative Assistance to provide support for two claim Executives. Individual will perform complex administrative support on day to day operational matters in an operations, corporate services, or sales area. Interacts and resolves issues which may be sensitive and confidential in nature. Individual will act as liaison between management and other business units.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assists management in the coordination of organizational administration activities which may include but would not be limited to performance reviews, cost center updates, customer issues etc., and within scope of authority, resolves problems and issues independently and proactively.
2. Drafts, prepares and distributes correspondence, memos, and other documents and reports, which require the use of office technologies and software applications.
3. Interfaces with internal and external contacts regarding business unit administration issues and concerns.
4. Schedules and coordinates meetings, conferences, travel arrangements and maintains group or manager's business calendar.
5. Prepares, processes and may submit reports, which may include timekeeping and other payroll/business operations processes; may train staff or management on timekeeping and other administrative processes.
6. May lead, mentor and train other staff.
7. May establish and maintain official documents and records in appropriate files.
8. May assist management in special projects.
9. May attend meetings, seminars etc. and records notes or provides information as needed.
10. May back up other Administrative Assistants, and may provide administrative assistance to other functional areas.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including professional phone etiquette.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners and staff at all levels.
3. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and other business related software systems.
4. Excellent organizational skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks.
5. Overall general knowledge of the insurance industry and the business units.
Education & Experience:
1. Some college with course work in Marketing, Business, Accounting, etc. desirable.
2. Typically a minimum four years strong administrative experience.
United States-Washington, DC-Washington DC
Claim USSPL-Business Support