Olympus America, Inc. with headquarters in Center Valley, PA is a precision technology leader, creating innovative opto-digital solutions in health care and life science products throughout North America. Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and its affiliates worldwide to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include: gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products; advanced clinical and research microscopes.
Southborough, MA - The Senior Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of administrative duties to ensure that the Vice President is free to focus on the needs of the business. The incumbent will screen incoming telephone calls, type and compose correspondence, make travel arrangements, and organize and schedule meetings. He/She will prepare management presentations, and serve as “back up” support for other executives within the Medical Systems Group at the Group Vice President and above level. EOE M/F/D/V
Requirements and Responsibilities:
* Use tools, including, but not limited to, MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint to draft and produce correspondence, presentations, reports, spreadsheets, organization charts, and other similar documents.
* Arrange travel/accommodations and prepare/submit expenses by utilizing software applications such as “Concur.”
* Respond to and screen incoming phone calls, and direct callers as appropriate.
* Take and relay messages and appropriately escalate calls to the appropriate personnel.
* Organize and maintain diaries/calendars for scheduling appointments.
* Draft emails and other documentation as instructed for review by management.
* Ensure appropriate levels of confidentiality are maintained.
* Respond to inquiries directly where appropriate.
* Understand how to manage data files by setting up appropriate directories and appropriately filing documentation in an organized manner.
* Use MS Access and/or other similar programs to maintain databases.
* Serve as a champion of communication by liasing with internal and external contacts in a professional manner.
* Manage administrative processes and ensure that staff members are aware of all necessary process steps that must be completed prior to submission (such as travel approval, timesheets, and expense reports).
* Ensure that there is an adequate supply of appropriate office supplies and equipment; Order such supplies following established processes and by utilizing approved vendors.
* Serve as a liason between department and ITS so that employees have the appropriate communication devices/tools.
* Prepare purchase orders as required and obtain the appropriate approvals.
* Monitor invoices to ensure that billing charges are appropriate and that all required information is present so that payment may be processed.
* Attend meetings as assigned and serve as the note taker; Compile appropriate minutes and summation of action items.
* Organize and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
* Distribute documentation as appropriate.
* Organize and schedule on-site and off-site meetings and ensure that facilities are appropriate.
* Arrange for food/beverage service where required, and coordinate/maintain itineraries.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
* A minimum of 5 years of Administrative Assistant experience in a fast paced, high-level corporate environment is required.
* An Associate's Degree in Business or Secretarial Science (or equivalent experience and knowledge) is preferred.
* Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
* Must have the ability to type 70+ WPM.
* Experience with MS Access is preferred.
* Must have proficiency using MS Explorer or similar browsers as well as software that is html based (Concur, Orbitz for Business).
* Mastery of Lotus Notes and Lotus Notes calendar functionality or past experience with a similar program and the ability to master Lotus Notes is required.
* Must be trustworthy with highly confidential information.
* Demonstrated strength in professional business writing is essential.
* Excellent oral communication skills are necessary.
* Must understand and follow established processes and controls while making constructive suggestions for continuous improvement.
* Must have the ability to train staff relative to processes and controls.
* Must be skilled at inventory control and cost management.
* The ability to critically review documentation for accuracy and completeness is vital.
* Must be adept at listening to broad concepts and distilling them into concrete action items.
* Must have the ability to accurately capture important items so that a complete record is created (such as capturing accurate meeting minutes).
* Must be comfortable working with vendors, researching facilities, and making appropriate arrangements.
* Excellent organizational skills are required, with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
* The following physical demand is required:
-Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hours a day
Olympus - 11 months ago