1. Directs the F&M underwriting process on a daily basis. Serves as an advisor and participant with the Banking Officer as credits are prospected, qualified and underwritten. Approves all term sheets and commitment letters in advance of issuance.
2. Approves loans as allowed under individual loan authority. Attends all Loan Committee and Supervised Asset Committee meetings. Attends Credit Policy Committee meetings as invited.
3. As assigned by the Chief Credit Officer, the SCRO is responsible for the personnel administration of assigned employees, including recruiting, hiring, training and development of members. Ensures that all direct reports are efficiently and effectively involved in the credit underwriting process.
4. Partners with portfolio managers to oversee portfolio quality and effect monitoring procedures. Remains informed of all impending credit opportunities, before being presented to management. Responsible for being familiar with current and prospective customer credit profiles.
5. Maintains active communication with compliance, loan review, audit and legal staffs to facilitate their activities within F&M’s loan portfolios.
6. Assists the Chief Credit Officer in the performance of his/her duties to include special projects as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of accounting and credit principles, lending functions, and loan analysis and ability to demonstrate resourcefulness in application of general credit policies
- Demonstrated ability to exercise consistent discretion and judgment
- Extensive knowledge of loan documentation, loan policy and regulations
- Extensive knowledge of the Loan Grading Process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage, work within and foster a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and flexibility skills are needed
- Advanced PC, database and spreadsheet software skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Accounting and/or Finance and ten plus years commercial lending experience or sixteen plus year’s equivalent working experience in a lending environment
- Preferred – Regulator or loan review experience.