VP for Research
Posted Rate of Pay
Exempt / Non-Exempt
Departmental Contact Phone
Departmental Contact Email
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Review begins on (Continues until position filled)
Full Time/Part Time
Days and Schedule to be Worked
Number of Hours Worked per Week
Limited to current UA employees only
Documents required to be attached electronically with this application
Letter of Interest Statement of Research and Teaching Interests Curriculum Vitae
Documents that may be attached electronically or mailed directly to department per instructions below
Additional application instructions (include instructions for submission)
Please submit names/contact information for at least three (3) professional references on the online application. References will be contacted.
The BIO5 Institute is seeking a candidate for the full-time position of Postdoctoral Research Associate I in The Campos Laboratory.
The Campos Lab studies the early events of human papillomavirus (HPV) infection. Specifically we are interested in the capsid-host cell interactions that occur during HPV virion binding, uptake, intracellular trafficking, and uncoating.
We also study the E3 genes of subgroup B adenoviruses and their role in virion egress and infection.
The successful candidate must have good verbal, written and electronic communication skills. Applicants are welcome to visit Dr. Campos' profile on the BIO5 website: http://bio5.arizona.edu/biogate?cmd=fac&faculty_id=3267 for more information regarding his research.
The incumbent will participate in research on the mechanisms and pathways of human papillomavirus cell invasion with focus on interactions between the virus capsid and specific host cell factors recently identified in a yeast two-hybrid screen.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will:
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
- Design & conduct independent research experiments, record/analyze data, maintain a lab notebook of research activities and findings.
- Read the literature and share in scientific discussions.
- Perform basic lab maintenance duties.
Not applicable for this position.
Additional Minimum Qualifications
- PhD or MD in molecular/cell biology, microbiology, biochemistry, or related field.
- Experience with current molecular/cell biological and biochemical techniques.
- Tissue/cell culture experience.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
- Experience with immunofluorescence and confocal microscopy, specifically the Zeiss 510 Meta system.
- Experience with studying protein-protein interactions (yeast two hybrid and immunoprecipitations).
- Experience with use of retro/lentiviral vectors.
- Experience with siRNA/shRNA knockdown.
- Experience with subcellular fractionation and/or membrane protein isolation.
The University of Arizona conducts pre-employment screening for all positions, which includes a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and work history. In addition, a check of names and identification documents is conducted on all new employees to ensure they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
What kind of criminal background check is required for this position?
This position is non-security sensitive and requires a name-based criminal background check
Supplemental Pre-Employment Screening
Postdoctoral Research Research
Departmental Home Page
University of Arizona - 4 years ago