Title: Systems Administrator
Location: United States-Maryland-Baltimore
Job Number: 12033811
Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
Highly talented individual with experience in various IT disciplines wanted for systems administration and day-to-day end-user desktop issues to include: Windows client and server OS, Linux, SQL, Oracle, Avaya PBX, VMware, Networking, and scripting in multiple languages.
General Job description:
The System Administrator will be a true Jack of all trades" individual. This individual will perform maintenance on servers running Windows 2003, 2008, or RedHat Linux operating systems. This includes installing and maintaining all security, application, and OS patches as approved. The administrator will also need to be able to write scripts to help automate or improve the efficiency of parts or the entire system as a whole while adhering to ITIL standards. This position will involve travel to multiple locations in the state of Maryland. The successful candidate must be willing to work in an on-call capacity as well and be able to be the point person when issues arise. This position will report directly to the IT manager.
Essential duties for this position:
- Will be the Go-To" person for all escalated issues at the MD CSC.
- Will be assist with all preventative maintenance of all computer equipment at the CSC.
- Will work with via a ticketing system for logging all CSC helpdesk issues.
- Moving computer and phone equipment to facilitate the needs of the organization.
- Will assist with physical access security administration for the site
- Will travel to all MD Stop-In Center locations and Toll Facilities as required to troubleshoot or perform maintenance on all equipment at those locations.
- Will be the local administrator working with various support groups within the entire corporation organization
Xerox Business Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox Business Services, LLC may request such accommodation(s) by calling 1-866-419-2226 or by sending an e-mail email@example.com.
- Must have above intermediate to expert administrative knowledge of all Windows systems to include Server 2003, 2008, XP, and Windows 7
- Must have administrative experience with RedHat OS
- Must be a quick learner and willingness to think outside the box"
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge is required for this position
- Be able to lift at least 75 pounds or more
- Highly self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision
- Strong customer service orientation
- Reliable transportation is a MUST
- LDAP experience is a must
- LAN / WAN Networking experience is a huge plus.
- Ability to script in Perl, bash, DOS, and other languages a huge plus.
Virtual/work from home? No
Xerox Corporation - 18 months ago
Why build your career at Xerox?
Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer...