Jr. Database Administrator (Job Number: 316494)
The Intelligence Systems Business Unit of SAIC has a career opening for a Jr. Database Administrator, with a TS/SCI and Polygraph security clearance, in Columbia, Maryland.
The Junior Database Administrator will provide database administration for development and production environments and, hosting support to software development teams. This crucial position in cyber technology will support a 24x7 operations center that characterizes and responds to network threats to multiple government customers.
- Administer database servers (e.g Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL).
- Support certification and accreditation activities.
- Perform database and application troubleshooting, installation, backups, configuration and
performance tuning, development support, scripting, and producing documentation.
- Perform all duties related to on-going operation of the database infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems or a related discipline or, in lieu of a degree, four years demonstrated experience administering database servers (e.g Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL). Experience to include database installation, configuration, performance tuning, and backups.
- 1+ years demonstrated experience administering database security configurations (e.g. Oracle Label Security) if specified for the position being filled.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience designing, developing, and manipulating databases, data warehouses and multidimensional databases.
- DoD 8570 compliance – at minimum, IAT Category, Level I.
- A current TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
- Experience working on a government contract in a fast paced environment.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Oct 15, 2012, 5:35:12 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-COLUMBIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...