Sonic Core Values:
At Sonic, we value:
- Respect for everyone touched by the Sonic brand.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the power of the individual.
- Importance of relationships as a way of life.
- Doing different, special and better things to surprise and delight everyone touched by the Sonic brand.
Sonic Mission Statement:
- To become America’s most-loved restaurant brand.
General Manager Summary:
Manages and is responsible for operations, training and development of all employees within a Sonic Drive-In. Leads the drive-in employees in order to provide quality food in a clean, safe and efficient manner so that guests will have an enjoyable experience at the Sonic Drive-In.
Immediate Supervisor: Supervising Partner/Market Supervisor
Status: salaried, Exempt
Responsibilities of General Manager Includes:
Essential job duties:
- Manages, trains and coaches drive-in employees, management and conducts orientation.
- Directs and assigns drive-in employees and management to perform all duties in the Basic Stations (Fountain & Frozen, Dresser, Front Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor, Food Prep, Carhop, Skating Carhop and if applicable Drive-Thru) as needed and depending on store volume, during a shift to ensure the preparation (portion control), temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
- Adheres to and monitors employee compliance of the drive-in employee handbook, policies and practices.
- Takes appropriate action to address employee issues and policy violations and immediately reports all employee issues, complaints and policy violations to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Performs opening and/or closing duties to standard.
- Monitors and makes appropriate adjustments to staffing levels during assigned shift.
- Prepares employee work schedules in a timely manner to ensure continuous ability to properly serve guests in accordance with Sonic Drive-In policy and applicable law.
- Monitors and maintains inventory levels to ensure product availability and portion control.
- Places orders for food, paper and other supplies within cost control procedures.
- Monitors performance of vendors.
- Completes and maintains all drive-in employment-related records and payroll records.
- Reinforces the importance of placing guests’ needs first to drive-in employees on a consistent basis.
- Immediately resolves guest requests and complaints in a respectful manner.
- Recruits, interviews and hires crew and management team members to achieve proper staffing levels.
- Determines compensation levels of drive-in employees within company guidelines.
- Prepares all necessary operational reports. Develops appropriate action plans to resolve unfavorable financial and/or sales trends.
- Develops and implements a marketing plan.
- If necessary, performs all duties in the Basic Stations (Fountain & Frozen, Dresser, Front Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor, Food Prep, and if applicable Drive-Thru) depending on store volume and business need to ensure the preparation (portion control), temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
- Complies with all federal, state and local wage and hour laws and labor and employment laws.
- Wears required uniform and appropriate personal protective equipment as outlined in the Sonic Drive-in operations manual.
- Performs frequent washing and sanitizing of: food areas, food preparation tools, and hands
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or required.
Requirements for General Manager:
Qualifications and job requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Advanced studies in business, restaurant management, or related fields are preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of restaurant management experience (QSR preferred), experience running shifts without supervision
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and laws relating to employment and labor practices, Equal Employment Opportunity and wage and hour compliance
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing and selection practices
- Knowledge of federal, state and local health and sanitation laws and regulations
- Leadership and supervisory practices and skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic accounting skills
- Time management skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving, decision-making and conflict-resolution skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work at least 50 hours per workweek.
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to use restaurant planning tools
- Works with autonomy
- Complies with all Sonic Drive-In Policies and Procedures, and all health and sanitation laws and regulations
- Successfully completes and follows requirements of all STAR certification and other Sonic Drive-in training programs
- Continuous standing, bending, stooping, lifting, stretching and frequent over-head lifting will be required when staging, preparing or packaging menu items and/or cleaning
- Frequent exposure to heat and hot liquid shortening while cooking.
- Frequent exposure to freezer when stocking food items.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures based on variable weather conditions.
SONIC - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Sonic Corp. (Sonic) operates and franchises a chain of drive-in restaurants (Sonic Drive-Ins) in the United States. As of August 31, 2008,...