Bayer MaterialScience (BMS) is one of the leading producers of polymers and high-performance plastics in North America and is part of the global Bayer MaterialScience business with nearly 14,700 employees at 30 sites around the world. Business activities are focused on the manufacture of high-tech polymer materials and the development of innovative solutions for products used in many areas of daily life. The main segments served are the automotive, electrical and electronics, construction, medical, and sports and leisure industries.
Bayer†s corporate culture is an important factor in the company†s success. Central to this culture are our values: Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency, summarized by the term LIFE. They provide us with guidance for our daily work as we seek solutions to the major challenges of our time, in line with our mission statement †Bayer: Science For A Better Life". Marketing and Sales We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Please note this position is not affiliated with VISA sponsorship.
This position may provide relocation assistance to qualified candidates.
Bayer MaterialScience (BMS) is currently seeking a Market & Business Development Manager for our Polycarbonate Sheet business located in Sheffield, MA. The main responsibility of this role is to work on strategic initiatives both in North America and globally to penetrate and drive new business and application development.
The incumbent will:
The selected candidate will be required to possess the following:
- Coordinate and direct New Business Development and be a core team member in New Product Development and S&OP teams;
- Manage and direct the efforts of the field based Market Segment Managers;
- Direct the efforts of the business development specialists to drive new specifications in the markets and applications identified with the goal of closing new business within as little as a six month period to as long as a two+ year period;
- Direct the efforts of the Market Segment Managers to identify and define key target market segments, marketing trends, industry value chains and develop market penetration plans for these segments.
- Communicate the objectives, goals and details of the plans to both the internal Sheffield customers and external customers;
- In conjunction with the marketing communications manager, develop the promotional campaigns in order to create market awareness;
- Develop and coordinate market penetration strategies with the efforts of the FMDs and sales team in order to achieve targeted growth targets.
- Support the Sales and Operations Planning process to assure proper planning and forecasting of New Business;
- Communicate customer requirements or market needs internally;
- Call on customers to promote, educate, and support the use of Bayer†s new products.
- Gather, assimilate and analyze market and competitive information;
- Develop and update annual product or marketing plan;
- Formulate and recommend strategies for achieving long and short product plans for key accounts and assigned area;
- Participate in industry trade shows;
- Manage and maintain the budget for the group including; travel/entertainment, trade show, promotional activities;
- Participate in contract negotiations with new end users, and customers;
- Develop and implement strategies for new product introduction into the market;
- Participate in development of educational and promotional literature developed for new and existing products;
- Participate in global transportation and architectural teams;
- Write and update, as identified, ISO procedures;
- Meet customer expectations and continuously improve efficiency in consultation with internal departments and external resources;
- Adheres to ISO procedures;
- Assure correct, clear, concise information is communicated to all appropriate internal customers such as, customer service manufacturing, shipping, scheduling and quality;
- Return all phone calls and e-mails in a timely manner;
- Answer and assist customers with technical questions and/or refer to Tech Services;
- Provide competitive updates to the company, especially their strengths and weaknesses;
- Understand market conditions and how they affect our business;
- Make sure we uphold the proper legal standards when quoting competitive bids to multiple customers.
- Bachelor†s Degree with at least 15 years related experience, preferably in a technical sales or marketing environment or an MBA or advanced degree with 10+ years of technical sales or marketing experience;
- Proven track record of developing new specifications within one or more of the following; architectural and security glazing market, transportation glazing, sign market;
- Course work on product planning or marketing programs;
- Familiar with selling through an industrial distribution channel;
- Working knowledge of computers and proficiency with software applications including: Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel, SAP;
- Relates to people at all levels in the organization and possesses a balanced sensitivity to employee concerns and business needs;
- Elicits cooperation and influences others to drive business strategies, goals and objectives;
- Strong communication skills and People skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks;
- The ability to travel approx. 25% of the time;
- Excellent organizational skills.
Bayerjobs.com - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and...