Great opportunity to work with a Global Manufacturer of Liquid Ring Vacuum Pumps. Will work on crade to grave rotating equipment engineering projects. Position is a mid-to-senior level. Must have 5-7 years experience with a 4-year engineering degree.
Apply theories and principles to both simple and complex work in research and development, including the design, product characteristics and documentation necessary to produce the design in quantity. Use tools to aid in product design and re-design. Team with Marketing to ensure the best possible commercialization of the product. Interface with manufacturing to ensure smooth transition from prototype to pilot run.
- Evaluate existing products for re-design based on issues raised by customers, vendors or internal team. Assess functions to determine whether new product would enhance existing product line or provide additional function for customers. Collect data on products through reports, testing and customer information.
- Work with production processes, suggests changes to improve efficiencies. Coordinates activities surrounding line or range of products, following product from design through production. Organize activities between production and engineering to implement new production introductions. Develop project timelines and product cost comparisons, selects materials, commercial parts and technical data.
- Design new and/or re-design existing product lines. Produce designs, complex layouts, assemblies, detail parts list drawings on the CAD system generates associated bills of material. Ensure designs support cost effectiveness.
- Coordinate all product test activities. Build and test prototypes. Follow up appropriately to correct errors. Work with QA to insure quality and ISO standards are met.
- May be involved in patent applications for new or existing products.
- Follow ISO quality guidelines regarding design and production of new/revised products. Assist manufacturing and quality control to correct any problems encountered in the machine shop or on the assembly floor.
- Work with Quality staff to understand and communicate relevant warranty
- Bachelor’s in Engineering (or international equivalent).
- Proficient in appropriate computer software necessary to successfully navigate the job (i.e. CAD/CAM, Microsoft Office, etc)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably one handling ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- Project management experience and ability to interface with all levels of engineering, procurement, shipping, production, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with customers.
- Effective communication skills (oral, written & presentation).
- Demonstrated strong engineering fundamentals with rotating equipment and casting design experience - preferred.
Indeed - 18 months ago