This position leads continuous improvement efforts throughout the Volkswagen Group of America in support of supply chain diverse supplier initiatives. This position will emphasize a partnership with both external and internal customers as well as suppliers to increase overall value to shareholders.
- Manage the processes and initiatives that promote inclusion of small, minority, veteran, and woman-owned businesses including involvement in contract negotiations and the development of a technically capable supply base.
- Monitor company-wide progress, including identification of problem areas or obstacles, and provide assistance to solve them. Analyze key organizational supplier diversity metrics and perform periodical reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps at a business unit level.
- Represent organization at various industry as well as supplier diversity meetings and boards.
- Work with supply base to add diverse content and to adhere to contractual language regarding Tier II expenditures.
- Define methods to streamline reporting-analysis work and improve customer satisfaction. Customers include, but are not limited to, Corporate and Divisional Supply Chain leaders.
- Represent Volkswagen and its supplier diversity strategy at trade fairs, business development programs and to internal Volkswagen personnel.
- Utilizes seminars, workshops, and conferences to expand personal and functional skill development.
Years of experience
Minimum five years of experience in data analysis/processing, purchasing, management reporting, or customer services
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required
Specialized skills, knowledge or certifications unique to this role
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
- Integration – joining people, processes or systems
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Resource management
- Purchasing and contract negotiation experience
- Knowledge of US supplier base
- Advanced User in Microsoft Office Suite
Work flexibility (travel requirements, work schedule, etc.)
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP); Certified Diversity Professional (CDP) or Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity (CPSD)
- 5+ years of experience in Supplier diversity strongly preferred
International and domestic travel is required
James Frizelle's Volkswagen located at Southport, Tweed Heads South, Lismore, Nerang in Queensland, specialises in New Volkswagen, Used Cars...