Surgery Technician 1
Job Code: 5080
The Surgery Technician I is responsible for patient care and support functions for the surgeon and other staff related to surgical procedures. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- The Surgical Technician performs the scrub role and maintaining a sterile environment which includes preparing, passing, holding, inserting, removing, cleaning and assembly of instruments, equipment and supplies; counting sponges, needles, sharps and instruments; and assists the RN with delegated circulating duties, transporting, positioning, skin preps and specimen preparation.
The Surgical Technician reports to the assigned supervisor and Clinical Director.
Required Physical Demands:
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
High exposure to hazardous risks and contaminants, including potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, lasers, radiology and fluoroscopy equipment, needle sticks, suction splashing, chemicals, cleaning solvents - Stat IV, sterilization chemicals, hexacholorophate, betadine and sharps and wet floors. Temperatures may vary in procedure environment, may stand on hard floors or platforms, exposed to a variety of interruptions, odor, and must wear universal protective clothing. May be required to work overtime, late shifts, weekends and be on call. Potential for bodily injury related to lifting and incidents of workplace violence. Hazards will be minimized if universal safety procedures are followed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- BCLS within 120 days of employment.
- Previous experience in the medical field or with sterile techniques preferred.
- Vocational student training, or 6 months experience as a surgical technician.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
INTEGRIS is a not-for-profit organization and the state's largest private Oklahoma-owned health system with nearly 9,000 employees working...