Please note: Your application to this job will be a direct email to an Ameriprise recruiter. When you apply, simply submitting an email address does not mean you've applied. Please, ensure you complete the entire application process to be considered a candidate. If you are having difficulty applying for this job or you're leveraging a free email account (ie: gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.) please email your resume directly to email@example.com.
Step into an instrumental role. Help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced—and friendly—financial planning office. Work as an employee of an independent advisor franchisee with a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial. Assist in daily business operations.
This position completes tasks which allow the advisor to focus more time and energy on client acquisition and deepening client relationships. The planning assistant / paraplanner supports the many different tasks for which the practice is responsible and ties directly to the overall business plan of the practice. This position allows the advisor the assurance he needs to know that his practice is being maintained and supported within Ameriprise Financial guidelines.
This role provides client relationship and general practice management support through gathering client data, analyzing client data, helping prepare preliminary financial plans and other client deliverables, working with clients to resolve issues and other practice management tasks as needed, helping prepare other client deliverables and touch points such as greeting cards, organizing client files, setting up new business and performing other business management tasks as needed. Responds to ad hoc requests, coordinates/tracks projects and/or manages business-as-usual projects such as organizing the logistics of a client seminar.
Responsibilities and Time Allocation – Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor.
50% Financial Planning & Advice / Product Solutions
50% Client Care / Business Management / Administrative
- Prepare preliminary financial planning recommendations and initial product solutions for advisor review and use in client meetings.
- Prepare charts, graphs, tables and other visual aids to be used in implementation meetings with clients.
- Prepare annual wrap account deliverables for each client needed.
Key Traits of a Successful Planning Assistant
- Maintain client contact during the financial planning process. Answer questions and provide readily available information to clients, if requested and as allowable, as it relates to servicing their accounts.
- Review and update client information as needed for client review meetings.
- Manage and resolve client service problems.
- Set up and maintain client management system.
- Write notes or letters to clients on personal letterhead of administrative nature only and administer client appreciation tasks.
- Copy and follow-up with home office on related issues.
- Coordinate marketing events for the practice.
- Schedule client appointments and prepare agendas and forms for appointments.
- Conduct client appointment reminder calls and check-in calls on follow up items.
- Document client contact/calls.
- Perform other allowable duties as assigned by the financial advisor(s).
Education and Other Designations:
- Direct attention to detail and organization.
- Effective communication with clients and other advisors/staff.
- Effective and efficient time management.
- Polite and clear phone manner.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor, Ameriprise Financial and FINRA.
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the advisor’s practice.
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow.
- College degree or higher
- 2+ years of similar experience (preferred but not required)
Ameriprise Financial - 6 months ago
It's no surprise that Ameriprise Financial is a leading provider of financial advice. The company offers financial planning, products,...