The Category Manager - Soup for Walmart manages the day to day modular relationship for the Wet and Dry Soup Categories at Walmart. Responsibilities include regular interaction with Walmart Buying and Modular Development Teams along with supporting the Sr. Category Manager - Soup to deliver the most effective category, shopper, and channel-specific insights to drive category growth at Walmart.
Manages the day to day relationship with the Walmart Modular Development Teams for the Wet and Dry Soup Categories
Provides strategic and tactical input to the Sr. Category Manager - Soup on the Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising and Pricing (DSMP) goals to improve overall category performance.
Responsible for supporting the Sr. Category Manager - Soup in generating and designing compelling category, shopper, and consumer insights.
Develops strong working relationships with Walmart's buyers and Walmart cross functional partners
Provides support to the Sr. Category Manager - Soup and Walmart buyers in developing an integrated category strategy.
Provides support and training to Category Analysts to ensure quality and timely execution of all required deliverables.
Assists with Modular Drawing
Manages Layout Center and Modular Room execution
- Works with cross-functional groups including the customer, customer team, and World HQ resources.
- Understands the unique characteristics and challenges of various retail channels and their implications and opportunities for Campbell's categories and their impact on the Walmart business.
- Ensures continuous skill building within the function through the introduction of new tools and practices to attain and maintain thought leadership in the category management discipline.
- Creative and Skilled in using non traditional ways to get data and insights for channels and businesses that are limited in data from traditional means.
Minimum education required Bachelor's Degree
Years of relevant experience 4+ years CPG industry experience, including 2+ years Category Management experience.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- IRI and/or Nielsen (Advanced Panel/Scanner data applications and software navigation)
- Analytical Skills
- Technical Skills (ProSpace, Excel, Access, etc)
- Category, Consumer, & Shopper Knowledge (Kantar, Mintel, etc.)
- Communication Skills
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Influencing Skills
- Project Management
This position works in a customer team office . Due to the nature of the position, modular work may require manual labor and heavy lifting not to exceed 30 pounds. Approximately 10-20% travel may be required.
CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
Campbell Valuing People, People Valuing Campbell
Campbell Soup Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Campbell Soup Company - 12 months ago
Campbell Soup Company is a growing global food company with annual sales of more than $8 billion and powerful brands in three core...