Job Description: *
THIS IS A CONTRACT POSITION WITH ANSALDO STS VIA A 3RD PARTY AGENCY WITH POSSIBILITY OF BEING HIRED FULL TIME IN THE FUTURE. SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAIAIBLE THEREFORE CANDIDATES WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP NEEDS ARE PREFERRED.
STRONG COMMUNICATION SKILLS AND BEING FLUENT IN ENGLISH IS A REQUIREMENT.
Oracle Database Sr. Engineer Skill Requirements
Ansaldo-STS is seeking an Oracle database engineer to support both internal and external customer databases in both single server and RAC environments. The candidate will also be required to possess in depth knowledge of logical database development with Oracle 10g and 11g databases.
Candidates must have the following skills and experience:
• More than five years of experience with PL/SQL development and data modeling on Oracle 10g and 11g databases. Experience with ER Studio a plus.
• Performance tuning of PL/SQL and SQL in Oracle 10g and 11g databases in both RAC and single instance environments. Must be able to use system / session statistics and wait events to diagnose performance problems.
• Familiar with Oracle Transparent Application Failover (TAF) configuration and testing.
• Experience with PL/SQL package design and implementation using Oracle 10g and 11g new features. This includes data type conversion such as VARCHAR2 to CLOB and VARCHAR2 to TIMESTAMP, modifying LOB data, and defining virtual private database (VPD).
• Familiar with 10g and 11g Datapump utilities as well as file transferring mechanism.
• Be able to tune SQL code using SQL best practices and modifying the queries to reduce overall resource consumption.
• Be able to tune materialized views, indexes and the underline tables to enhance the DDL and DML process.
• Strong shell scripting skill in bash and ksh.
• Strong oral and written communications skills. Must be able to write root cause analysis reports and design documents.
• Design, development and creation of custom reports based on business requirements; experience with BI Publisher and/or Crystal Reports a plus.
• Experience with Visual Basic and Perl scripting a plus.
• Oracle 10g or 11g OCA/OCP is preferred.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS