Monroe Group, Ltd is seeking an individual for the position of Assistant Property Manager for their multi-unit apartment complex in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
The Assistant Community Manager is responsible, under the direction of the Community (Property) Manager, for all phases of the property operations, and to act as main point of contact in the absence of the Community Manager
- Responsible for all office clerical duties including filing, answering phone calls and administration of affordable housing paperwork.
- Conducts new resident orientation
- Collects rents and prepares of deposit slip
- Maintains tenant files and all related documentation
- Performs Supervisory duties when Community Manager is absent
- Stays onsite to assist with property needs
- Assists in legal proceedings as needed
- Assists with Risk Management issues
- Other tasks as assigned
- Must be able to work assigned hours as scheduled.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to maintain confedentiality.
- Must be able to complete tasks in a timely mannner.
- Must be able to meet assigned deadlines.
- Familiarity with clerical practices, office procedures, and automated equipment.
- Required to learn all aspects of community manager duties.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must be a self starter and self motivated.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School diploma
- At least 1 year of Property Management experience in a managerial role
- Must have working knowledge of affordable housing programs: LIHTC, Section 8, HUD
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least 3 years of Property Management experience in a managerial role
- Employee must be able to move/drag/lift at least 15 lbs and up to 40 lbs
- Employee will frequently utilize their hands and fingers
- Employee will be frequently required to sit, stand or walk
- Employee will be required to bend, twist, stoop and or kneel
- The employee will be exposed to an indoor and outdoor office environment. The noise level changes on a consistent basis.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check.
The Monroe Group is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify program.