Chicago Central Office (Oak Brook, IL)
Online learning is transforming today's educational landscape . If you are passionate about life-long learning and making a difference in people's lives, Rasmussen College wants you to join our team! We are looking for creative and enthusiastic Instructional Designers who are ready to apply their talents and passion to keep Rasmussen College at the forefront of innovative online education.
We want to hear from you if you:
Have expertise in online education, instructional design, and/or adult learning theory.
Are creative, innovative, and passionate about education and technology.
Enjoy collaboration and work well in a team environment.
Have a strong work ethic.
Excel in your written and verbal communication skills.
Your responsibilities as an instructional designer at Rasmussen would include:
We are looking for instructional designers with the following qualifications:
- Designing and developing online courses in a variety of different programs and modalities.
- Providing instructional design support and guidance to collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) in the creation of online course content.
- Using project management skills to ensure that courses are delivered on time.
- Working collaboratively with other departments and teams in the design and production of online courses.
- Identifying and researching emerging educational and instructional technologies that can bring innovative and creative approaches to the design of online courses.
- Reviewing, analyzing, and improving existing online courses.
- A Master's degree in instructional design, distance education, online education, or a related discipline.
- Expert knowledge of instructional design principles and educational theories, including adult learning theory.
- At least 2 years instructional design experience.
- At least 2 years working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Online teaching experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with various Learning Management Systems.
- Knowledge of current trends in education and online learning.
The instructional designer will report directly to the Manager of Online Course Design.
Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college specializing in high-demand educational programs in a supportive, student-centered environment. Rasmussen College offers Certificate and Diploma programs through Associate’s and Bachelor’s degrees online and across its 24 Midwest and Florida campuses. By combining career development expertise, high academic standards and exceptional student support services, Rasmussen College graduates gain the skills to succeed in their chosen field. Since 1900, Rasmussen College has been dedicated to being a primary contributor to the growth and development of the communities it serves. For more information about Rasmussen College, please visit rasmussen.edu .
Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college specializing in high-demand educational programs in a supportive,...