Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international energy company engaged in exploration and production, oil sands mining and integrated gas. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has a strong portfolio of assets delivering defined growth leveraged to crude oil production with exploration upside. At the end of 2011, Marathon Oil had net proved reserves of more than 1.8 billion barrels. The Company’s operations are located in the United States, Angola, Canada, Equatorial Guinea, Indonesia, Iraqi Kurdistan Region, Libya, Norway, Poland and the United Kingdom.
This position provides Health, Environmental and Safety (HES) support to the Bakken area.
- Works with all employees and contractors to instill a safe and environmentally conscientious work environment, determining the awareness level, discussing policies and procedures, advising on the best means of following those policies and procedures, and coaching to improve behavior as needed.
- Provides HES support to operations for safety related activities including confined space entry, hot work, lockout/tag out, and other safe work permits.
- Attends and participates in Marathon and contractor safety meetings, and conducts contractor safety orientations.
- Monitors HES performance within operational area and works with HES professionals and operations staff to develop and/or implement programs or processes to improve HES behavior.
- Participates in Tier I and II HES audits and monitor status of pending and resolved recommendations. Conducts routine STOP audits to support HES principles.
- Participates in incident investigations related to accidents, near misses, and unplanned discharges. Ensure timely preparation of documentation.
- Coordinates proper shipping and/or disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintains HES plans and procedures (SPCC, Emergency Response, etc.) by updating documentation and communicating changes.
Computer Proficiencies: Excel, Word, Outlook required; Access and experience in Database management a plus.
Work Experience: Two years field experience preferred; HES experience preferred.
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
- Email this opportunity to a friend
Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe and...