Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,300 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Would you consider yourself tech savvy? Do you pride yourself in being a subject matter expert? Our expectations are high, and we work hard – and we have a lot of fun in the process. It doesn’t hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation, free coffee, employee events, and medical benefits that start on your first day - and that’s just the beginning. Come join us as Programmer Analyst I.
You will add value by:
- Supporting Ellucian’s Banner, Mobile Connection (iOS, Android and Blackberry Mobile Apps), Banner Workflow, BEIS (Banner Enterprise Identify Services) and related software packages.
- Consulting with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and requirements.
- Analyzing, defining, and documenting requirements for: data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, outputs and more.
- Writing and maintaining technical specifications. Developing and maintaining plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs. Researching and evaluating software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Customizing and coding screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Converting designs and specifications into computer code Corrects errors detected in compile process.
- Creating test cases and running tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications. Analyzing code and/or data to find causes of errors and revises programs.
- Consulting with client to prototype, refining, testing, and debugging programs to meet needs.
- Writing and maintaining documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Providing technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs.
- Training end users or technical support staff to use programs.
What we need from you:
- Associates degree or equivalent from two -year college or technical school in Computer Science or a related major; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent inter-personal, presenting, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Programming experience with SQL, C, Java, PHP, Oracle Forms Developer, in a UNIX or LINUX environment
- Relational database experience
- MS Office or other reporting tool.
- Experience supporting and maintaining Banner or another ERP.
- Experience supporting and maintaining Luminis or another portal.
- Experience supporting and maintaining Drupal or another Content Management System.
- Experience supporting and maintaining iOS and/or Android mobile applications.
- Experience developing and/or delivering training.
- Higher Education experience, especially at a community college.
Ellucian. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed...