- 2 years of formal education beyond HS or Associates degree
The NCHHG Quality Improvement Specialist provides continuous improvement support to the NCH Healthcare Group by functioning as an educator, analyst, facilitator and/or project manager as required. This individual will work throughout the system with a broad range of provider groups to leverage benchmarking and best practices to improve and promote patient and quality care.
This position will serve as a facilitator for clinical performance improvement initiatives and guides the development, ongoing review, and implementation of evidence-based guidelines. The guidelines provided buy national and medical organizations that provide strategies for health care quality measurement and reporting. Facilitates and supports multidisciplinary teams to achieve clinical performance improvements goals, and objectives. This position will have responsibility for educating physicians, healthcare providers, and office staff in clinically approved documentation workflows. Position will identify opportunities for improvement and work closely with the EHR team to incorporate those improvements into the current systems.
Above all, this position serves to exceed the expectations of patients and all other customers we serve.
The Quality Improvement Specialist will work as a team member with both the EHR team as well as the Billing to assure data entry is accurate and complete. At all times this Associate will conduct their work efforts with the ultimate goal of providing high quality, efficient service for the patients and payors of NCH Healthcare Group.
- Masters Preferred
- 3 Years Minimum of experience in healthcare setting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical diagnostic & procedural terminology is required.
- Knowledge of outpatient coding practices at both the clinical & inpatient settings.
- Ability to work w/and maintain confidentiality of physician, patient, patient account and personal data.
- Required knowledge of compliance & regulatory requirements including outpatient CMS regulations.
- Possess a strong attention to detail, a personal commitment to accuracy and excellence, excellent communications and interpersonal skills and demonstrated organizational skills.
- Ability to read & interpret medical data.
- Willingness to be flexible depending upon department and/or physician schedule needs.
- Demonstrated ability to review analytical data & audit findings to identify coding trends & other risk areas.
- Demonstrated ability to develop data requirements & work w/ analytical groups to extract, organize & analyze coded data.
- Clinical or Coding background required.
- Experience using PC applications such as MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- A strong interest in measurement and statistics.
NCH Healthcare - 14 months ago