Pre-Sales Engineer (Linux SME)
We’re Nomad Digital, the global leader in the provision of IP based communication solutions for the transportation sector. Innovation is central to the Nomad philosophy and we have continually delivered market leading solutions since deployment of the world’s first genuine broadband passenger WiFi service in 2004.
The Nomad vision is “One Connection Infinite Solutions”. This is achieved through a single communications platform whose open functionally-rich architecture provides a future proofed technology base. Nomad’s reputation has been built upon passenger WiFi solutions but increasingly our customers demand a wide range of IP based applications. Whether your interest is passenger, operational or infrastructural solutions, Nomad can develop a customised solution to enrich your business.
Nomad delivers some of the most interesting and challenging systems projects around, encompassing radio connectivity to, and within, moving trains and applications including engineering telemetry, passenger Internet, and information display systems. (See www.nomadrail.com).
As a HOME BASED employee, the Pre-Sales Engineer works closely with our sales professionals attending client-facing meetings to gather the requirements of potential clients to articulate the technical aspects of our products.
- Coordinate and communicate items from remote software development teams
- Act as third level support for “problem” incidents
- Responsible for all configurations on live deployments
- Facilitate the upgrade of new functionality to existing customers
- Tests all new firmware upgrades, including regression testing of existing functionality
- Work with the pre sales team to support Proof Of Concept demonstration
- Implement best practice and security measures to protect systems
- Own the technical aspect of reviewing and validating the change control process
- Test new features in Lab environment
- Implement or oversee successful remote system modifications
- Assist in the automation of device configuration for project deployment
- Expert Unix, Linux skills including high level of proficiency in scripting (specifically BASH, with knowledge of other scripting languages such as C++, PERL highly desirable);Experience working with Linux in a high availability and/or embedded environment is strongly preferred;
- Solid networking knowledge and experience, with knowledge of Linux networking including
iptables and firewalls highly desirable;
- Strong understanding of network security processes, routing protocols and processes and
- Ideally, a solid understanding of radio communications principles or experience working with
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate concepts, ideas and influence
- BA/BS in Electronics/ Communication/ Electrical or Computer Science /Network Security or
- 2+ years of industry experience;
- CCNA certification
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving skills while maintaining a business level
view towards resolution;
- Ability to travel 30 – 35% within N. America, plus occasional international travel
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines;
- Experience working remotely, but cooperatively with HQ;
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and very skilled at troubleshooting a variety of
- Self-motivated and constantly looking for ways to improve both product and process;
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines;
- Previous experience working in a small, entrepreneurial environment preferred
We offer competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits package with 100% company-paid
deductible for individual coverage.
Nomad Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer