Boise State University invites interested applicants for the position of Head Men’s and Women’s Track & Field & Cross Country Coach. The successful applicant will become part of our team as we build a Metropolitan Research University of Distinction. This position will be responsible to lead and maintain a Division I program at the highest level through: recruiting, teaching techniques, scheduling (meets, travel, training & strength), monitoring academic progress, development of volunteer/booster groups, strong relationship with local track official’s organizations, budget management, fundraising, and promoting the sport throughout the University and local community. This position will require a strong, working knowledge and understanding of NCAA, Conference and Institutional rules and regulations.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Manage the daily operations of the men’s and women’s track and field and cross country programs.
- Supervise assistant coaches and support staff, administer meet scheduling and oversee the overall operation of the program.
- Establish and administer the recruiting process for potential student-athletes who meet university academic and athletic standards.
- Develop practice and track competition strategies for the entire program.
- Oversee the effective teaching techniques of all specific technical skill areas either by the head coach or staff.
- Successfully manage an annual budget including all necessary future fiscal planning.
- Responsible for overall performance of student-athletes’ academic progress by working closely with the academic support staff.
- Promote the Boise State Track & Field and Cross Country programs to the public including, media, donors, the university community and the general public to increase visibility and revenues for the program.
- This position must pass the NCAA Recruiting Eligibility test annually.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Five years of experience coaching track & field/cross country at the collegiate level
- Experience and understanding of NCAA Division I Rules and Regulations
- Knowledge of individual and team skills with the ability to teach these skills
- Administrative experience
- Experience coaching at the Division I level
Boise State University - 20 months ago