The Vertek Geotechnical & Environmental Group of Applied Research Associates, Inc. is seeking a Electro-Mechanical Lab Supervisor. The ideal candidate will have strong experience leading and directing personnel in an electronic manufacturing & repair operation.
Plans, coordinates, and supervises assigned Electro-Mechanical personnel, ensuring complete, accurate, and timely production & repair of Geotechnical & Environmental Electro-Mechanical equipment, electronic assemblies and accessories, in accordance with ISO 2001:2008 regulations, and meeting customers’ needs. Responsible for the development of electronics assembly production personnel, as well as the development, improvement and implementation of manufacturing processes, methods, tooling and procedures to effectively achieve quality, timely delivery and economical production.
- Supervise the activities of production personnel engaged in all facets of the manufacturing function.
- Ensure the development and achievement of corporate quality objectives in accordance with ISO 2001:2008
- Responsible for personnel actions and oversees day to day operations of the production department.
- Analyzes, appraises and reports the effectiveness of the electronics production operations to the sales department to ensure that production schedules are followed, established objectives are met, corporate policies observed, and prompt corrective action taken when necessary.
- Lead, coordinate and develop assembly methods and procedures independently or with the manufacturing staff and/or engineers.
- Assists in the development of department budget and labor forecast and adhere to approved budgets.
- Coordinate with other production sections to move product for electronic subassembly operations until the final assembled product is completed as scheduled.
- Select, supervise, evaluate, motivate and develop employees to ensure company objectives are met. Set individual objectives based on department objectives, provides fair and constructive feedback, accurately assess employee performance, training needs, areas for improvement and possibility of future growth within the organization, and ensure training & development needs are addressed.
- Communicates information related to inspection, repair, and/or calibration of used equipment directly to customer.
- Applies technical knowledge of Lean manufacturing techniques, manufacturing engineering techniques and continuous improvement to optimize the use of available resources.
- Proactively helps the company maintain the highest level of quality, on time delivery, and cost controls to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Completes special projects as assigned by the Manager per the schedule.
- Perform a variety of activities. Relies on extensive manufacturing experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Interested applicants should submit their resume electronically through this site www.careers.ara.com .
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to produce to a demanding schedule with introduction of new technologies is required.
- PC literate with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) at the intermediate level.
- Solid planning and organizing skills; can manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities
- 5 - 10 years experience in electronics assembly leadership.
- Previous electronics manufacturing experience to IPC standards.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Bachelor’s Degree in Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Experience planning and tracking workflow is required.
- Process improvement experience with Lean or Six Sigma is preferred.
- ERP experience. Exact Max is used.
Applied Research Associates, Inc - 15 months ago
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is an international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically excellent...