Database Modeler and Administrator. Under general supervision, performs a variety of duties following established procedures in the following areas:
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall it be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
- Works collaboratively with developers and implements data models and database designs, data access, and table maintenance codes. Must have hands-on experience with best-practice database planning, design and modeling for new, enterprise-level applications.
- Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies, and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company MySQL and MSSQL databases.
- Resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- Maintains security and disaster recovery procedures for database servers.
- Support of and involvement in company, department, and/or safety policies, procedures, programs and activities.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Develops among assigned personnel a consciousness for the need for teamwork to attain department objectives.
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must have extensive experience in database design and modeling.
- 4+ years of related experience in the field or in a related area; Bachelor's degree in a related area; MCDBA and MCT certifications preferred.
- Must have experience working with large MySQL or MS-SQL databases on Windows servers, including indexing, performance tuning, query optimization, and replication; experience with Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler preferred.
- Must have experience troubleshooting and resolving MS SQL database problems, including data integrity, blocking and deadlocking , replication and logging.
- Must be familiar with standard SQL concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must have extensive experience with MSSQL Server Replication (SQL Server 2008 R2 preferred); experience with DBCC commands, clustering and database mirroring preferred.
- Experience integrating .NET classes within SQL databases a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and technical journals. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate business math appropriate to supporting financial and logistic applications, diagnose erroneous results and propose solutions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and perform all physical tasks associated with assembling and delivering computer systems. The ability to access all manufacturing and distribution locations without impediment is required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include near acuity and far acuity.
Nutraceutical Corporation - 13 months ago
Nutraceutical International is all over the natural foods industry. It manufactures, markets, and even retails a world of nutritional...