Job ID: 573
1. Support IR&D projects to develop new concepts and designs for satellite communication antennas
2. Create designs of reflector antennas and array antennas to support spacecraft programs and proposal efforts
3. Provide technical assistance and guidance to project teams composed of engineers with more, equivalent or less experience
4. Develop new antenna design and analysis capabilities including utility software development, use of CEA software including TICRA (POS, GRASP, CHAMP), HFSS, Microwave Wizard, etc.
5. Support antenna measurement campaigns including performance predictions, data processing, and results publication
6. Prepare and make presentations to customers and colleagues in support of periodic internal reviews, major program milestones and proposals
Good analytical background in EM theory.
Proficiency in the use of computer-aided design tools
Design or measurement experience in the area of antennas and RF propagation preferred.
2 years related experience with MSEE degree; PhD in EE.
About Space Systems/Loral (SS/L)
Space Systems/Loral (SS/L) is the leading provider of geostationary commercial satellites, with experience building and integrating some of the worlds most powerful and complex satellites and spacecraft systems. The company has a long history of delivering reliable satellites and spacecraft systems for commercial and government customers around the world.
Approximately 25 percent of the total U.S. Government leased commercial transponders are carried on SS/L-built satellites. SS/L works closely with satellite operators to provide spacecraft for a broad range of services including television and radio distribution, digital audio radio, broadband Internet, and mobile communications. The SS/L 1300 spacecraft has been proven over decades of on-orbit operation and is a highly flexible, modular platform with the industry’s highest power capability.
The company’s reputation as a world leader is the result of its unparalleled commitment to mission assurance and its ability to provide advanced solutions that meet mission objectives based on space-proven heritage designs. Hundreds of millions of people depend on Space Systems/Loral built satellites every day.
Omni-Jobs.com - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard