Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. We are proud to have been named by Washington CEO Magazine as one of the TOP THREE companies to work for in the entire state of Washington!
Description of position
Costco is looking for a dedicated and experienced SOA designer to be part of the Enterprise Services Team. This position is responsible for the design and implementation of enterprise & domain service components to support a corporate-wide SOA implementation. The SOA Designer will work closely with the SOA Engineer and other SOA Designers to evaluate business requirements and determine where Enterprise services are required, and transform the requirements into Service component models for use in the development of the core Enterprise services. The SOA Designer will also serve as a technical expert and consultant on the implementation of services into the Enterprise including development, deployment, performance, monitoring and security considerations.
Tasks and responsibilities
· Adopting and implementing standards and best practices for software development.
· Participating in code review sessions as a coordinator, owner, reader, recorder or observer.
· Ensure technical design and implementation complies with established guidelines and standards.
· Creates technical detail design artifacts utilizing UML to meet functional specifications and requirements.
· Designs reusable service components, libraries and frameworks.
· Responsible for designing web service code to support Enterprise-level services.
· Participates in the review of the technical acceptance criteria for non-functional requirements.
· Identifies Services to be developed and integrated into IT Solutions.
· Receives and processes requests for new or changes to existing Services.
· Defining and implementing service interfaces using WSDL.
· Mentors other team members in Service Component Design and Development.
· Assists in the design of enhanced security authorization and authentication models
· Assists with the development and maintenance of the Services Catalog (or Services Registry and Repository).
· Assists in the development of key performance indicators (KPIs) evaluating the service for effectiveness and efficiency.
· Assists with the Solution Acceptance and Requirements process, content and results.
· Assists with the Solution Development and Integration process, content and results.
· Assists with the Solution Test process, content, and results.
· Participates in Joint Application Design sessions with the Business.
· Participates in logical & physical data modeling discussions for their sub-systems.
· Participates in quality management reviews, in particular reviews of the designs, prototypes and other deliverables to ensure they fulfill requirements.
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
· Minimum 5 years programming with Java, J2EE, XML, Web Services.
· Minimum 5 years experience developing in distributed applications development (Database, Transaction Management)
· Minimum 5 years experience writing conceptual and detailed design documents, including UML diagrams.
· Minimum 3 years experience in developing large scale enterprise application
· Strong in Object - Oriented design/analysis, UML modeling, Classic design patterns, J2EE patterns.
· Thorough knowledge with J2EE application platform configuration and performance optimization. Hands on experience with J2EE application deployment technology.
· Strong ability to understand and represent high level technical capabilities. General understanding of technical applications and systems.
· Strong understanding of SOA/SOMA concepts, design patterns, tools, techniques, best practices and the ability to establish a SOA environment.
· Must have proven ability to provide project estimates and work-breakdown schedules.
· Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written. Including ability to work with all management levels.
· Ability to share technical knowledge and clearly communicate technical concepts.
· Must have solid leadership and team-building skills, and possess a positive attitude.
· Must have high integrity and accountability, willing to do what it takes to make the team successful.
· Must have proven ability to manage priorities and timelines.
· Must be extremely responsive, able to work under pressure in crisis with a strong sense of urgency.
· Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
· Must be detail oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills.
· Understand SOA products, middleware and infrastructure and able to provide guidance and advise to clients to establish a SOA environment.
· Understand SOMA development methodologies & tools.
· 24/7 on call responsibilities.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
· Experience with IBM Rational Tool Suite preferred.
· Experience in IT from a retail perspective a plus.
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
Costco Wholesale - 10 months ago
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader i...